1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

AIM meter question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Nabisco, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    I had asked if my employer could buy me the meter and payrole deduct it from my check, and they said that the aim meters on the market are not the same ones when they first came out, that there was a special limited series made for dtv for the hsp's and they are all gone?

any truth to this? or are the meters different?

2. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Pure BS.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    No, it's true. There was a limited test run of the new, DirecTV-specific "AIM" (Advanced Installlation Meter) that was given to a couple of HSPs in small numbers to try out. Based on those trials, a new model is being worked on. The AIM has not been put into production yet.

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    The tech that did an install here yesterday also mentioned a D* "designed" AIM meter was coming.

5. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    any idea when they hit the market?

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    "soon"