1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aim vs Super buddy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Nabisco, May 15, 2011.

1. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    Well i guess im going to have to buy the meter work wont let me have a aim, its for service techs( which im not any more) and new guys... total crap i think. give the nice stuff to the new guys who will probally not make it over the guy who has been here almost 5 years. but if im going to get a meter i want the better one, i love the aim, super bad butt lol yea its only 4 dtv but i really dont plan on doing other work in dbs. but ever since i started ive always heard about the super buddy. can it do swm and all? am i able to check the signal str on my different sats 101, 103 and 99? i worried to try it but if its better then i should, i love the IV test on the aim.... but like i said if its my $$ i want the best for what i do

thanks!

2. red martian

red martian New Member

Jul 8, 2011
    i been using the birddog sat meter for a few years now and it has been good to me. Im thinking about upgrading to either the aim meter or either the super buddy 29. any techs out there who has used both and willing to give me some feedback that will help with my decision.

3. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Ive been using the "twist and shout" for years; since a customer dropped my last Acutrac on a kitchen floor.

Hit the 101 and pooosh a little west. Peak the 99 or 103 with the el.

I have had guys with SatBuddys and Birdogs check my settings...no adjustment required!

Joe

4. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    aim kicks total butt, i wont go back to a birdog. although i dont know if they will release outside a hsp, i keep trying to buy mine..... never used a superbuddy but it can do dtv or dish os if u do both it would b good

5. bfrosty

bfrosty New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    mine has been on order since april 11th and looks like i'll get it in November.....

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I'm just a hobbyist but I love my super buddy. Search the country on crazedlist.org, it searches craigslist, and pick one up cheap. Mine was only $200. :D