1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akai TV/DVD combo remote code?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DMH3, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMH3

DMH3 New Member

May 30, 2007
    26" DVD combo, LCD -- codes listed on the DTV box do not work. Any idea if this TV was sourced from a different manufacturer requiring a different code set?

2. rrrick8

rrrick8 Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2007

Good luck with that.

I've seen those in other forums looking for the same with no luck.

On a lot of these "combo" units, you have to treat it like a dvd instead of a tv. So check the dvd codes using the AV1 or AV2 switch codes.

3. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Combo units are a PITA to get to work at times with the RC 23/24 32/34 remotes. Most of the time I have to use one code for volume and another for power.

Try these codes for the TV. After you program the code check for power and/or volume.

Hopefully, one of those will at least do volume. If you get one that does good, on to step 2

Move the slider to AV1 or AV2.

Try these codes for power/dvd functions

If any of those are good, what you will have to do is move the slider to AV1/2 for power & DVD, the back to D for volume & channel changing.

Or wait until the RC64 is available and hope that one of those codes does everything.

Good luck

4. sarfdawg

sarfdawg Legend

Jan 21, 2007
    Total shot in the dark, but I have a regular Akai TV with no DVD or anything like that. I read somewhere that it was a re-badged Samsung. I did the Samsung remote code, and it worked - sort of. I can turn it on and off, change the channels, control the volume, and change the inputs. I cannot do anything menu related (e.g. change the video/audio settings, sleep timer, etc.).

Try that, PM me, and let me know how it does.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    You wont be able to do anything menu related with anything but the original remote, or a much more sophisticated programmable/learning remote that will cost upwards of $100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.