1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aljazeera #215

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Nov 25, 2013.

1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I watch Aljazeera often and I notice #215 is still listed as "Current". Why hasn't Dish changed the name? Thanks.

Patrick

2. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    What I think is more important is that AlJ's crawler shows ET, CT (surprised at this, no one shows CT) & PT time zones and no MT. What there's no Mountain Time Zone? What else could they be leaving out?

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I was wondering the same thing. One possible explanation is that Current is still available as an a-la-cart channel. Every other channel that changed it's "branding" had the new logo on our EPG quickly. None of the other rebranded channels are available a-la-cart, so this is my theory.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The lack of a name change is strange ... especially since DISH is running cross channel ads for Al Jazeera America. The ads show the channel number and often include a clickable link to tune to the channel.

5. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    The old "Current" still exists? I did not know that.

Patrick

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH seems to think it exists ...
    http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/#a-la-carte

Current TV.

Current TV provides insightful analysis on important issues - digging deep to uncover how they affect real people. Shining a light where others won't dare, Current TV boldly explores provacative subjects - creating the commentary and delivering the independent, unexpected point-of-view that people want.

$5.00/mo.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... that's what strikes me the oddest... I see the Al Jazeera America commercial inserts on various channels when I watch... and the point you towards channel 215... but then if you go look, you see "Current" there in the EPG... so that seems like it would be confusing to customers.