1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

All American Direct

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MovieFan, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MovieFan

MovieFan New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    I submitted a waiver to All American Direct via web site a couple of weeks ago. My receiver guide now shows channels 240 and 250. These are strictly informational channels. Is this a good sign that my waiver is going to be approved? Or, is it just a standard practice used by All American Direct to verify your smart card number? Is there any easy to check on the status of my waiver requests? I am just curious. Thank you.

William

2. Ohioankev

Ohioankev Legend

Jan 19, 2006
    I'm thinking that 240 and 250 are provided by DISH to provide information to DISH Network customers about getting distants. I could very well be wrong about this though but that was my assumption when i seen the channels the other day.

3. ilkjh

ilkjh Cool Member

Oct 6, 2006
    My advice would be to call them once a week, or so. When I submitted waivers, I did not hear back, then called after about 3 weeks, and was told that 3 of the networks declined, and one (CBS) was pending.

Having heard nothing for another couple of weeks, I noticed a $2.99 charge on my credit card and thought they must have gotten approval for CBS. I selected the channel, saw nothing, then called them. Indeed, CBS was approved, and after getting some of my system info id's, had me reboot my receiver to finally catch the signal.

In other words, they aren't gonna tell you a thing. Like much in the service world these days- the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Good luck!

4. jhilley

jhilley New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    That is info they added last night. I have an RV waiver and had service in January. My receiver was off for two months and I lost service. Took me a week and three different CSRs to get it going again. I believe they had to go thru Dish to reactivate my Smart Card. Last night I lost my DNS programming when the AAD info went into the guide. Just got off the phone with them and Hopefully they will be back within 20 minutes. Call the RV Service number 888-210-3474 Ext. 855, if that doesn't get you anywhere call 800-728-3950.

5. minnow

minnow Legend

Apr 25, 2002
    When we got our waiver for CBS, it took a month or so to get approved and all of a sudden the channel was just there. Did not get any notification at all.

6. dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    Right now, channels 240,250 are unlocked for everyone to give info about the distant network service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.