1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Day Ticket not?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Smuuth, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    I ordered and paid with a credit card for a PPV movie online. It was listed as an all-day ticket. I watched it, but was in and out of the room, so I recorded a different showing on my HR20 so I could watch it again later. When I tried to watch the recording, it came up with the box that said "Are you sure you want to watch "Title" for $3.99?" and the choices were "Yes, confirm" or "No, cancel". Does this mean I will be charged again if I watch it from the recording?

2. kaysersoze

kaysersoze Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Feb 28, 2006
    no, it means you don't pay for it until you watch it.

3. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    You didn't understand my original post. I ordered it online and paid with a credit card. It has already shown up on my recent activity as a $3.99 charge to my credit card. The all day ticket was available for that day to watch (and record, i thought). I don't understand why it should ask me now if I want to pay again to watch the recording. What I am questioning is whether if I watch a recording of a PPV I have already paid for is if I will be charged again.

4. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    I am assuming that you ordered and paid for this ppv today after 6am est. Because the All Day Ticket runs 6am - 6am est. If you bought this ppv last night around 11pm and set the dvr to record it some time today then yes you would be charged for the event again.

The All Day Ticket does not run 24 hours from when you ordered it.

I learned this this hard way:(

5. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    I know it is not 24 hours. The movie was paid for on September 2. It was partially watched on September 2. It was recorded on September 2. I tried to watch it again on September 8 and got the message. So having a DVR to record a movie that you have already paid for and watch it later is useless unless you watch the recording before the all-day ticket expires? I am not trying to get out of paying, I just don't see why I should have to pay twice.

6. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    I don't know if the "All Day Ticket" means you can watch it multiple times or if it keeps track of the fact that you watch a certain showing and then locks you out of the rest....it certainly sounds like the latter.

7. HDJeff

HDJeff New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    "All Day Ticket" means just that, that you can watch as often as you like during that 6-6 period. I have PPV movies recorded from months ago that I can still watch. Did you record the movie on the same channel that you purchased it on?

8. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    I purchased the movie online. Each of the channels it was showing on subsequent to the purchase indicated "you are authorized for this program" I recorded it on one of those.

9. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    The HR20 has a problem with online orders. When the authorization gets wiped from the access card (5 - 7 days after purchase) the DVR thinks the program wasn't purchased. However you can still view the movie without charge if you are absolutely sure the recording was part of the all day ticket. Just go ahead and select the purchase option then you can view the program. You should see the message This program is set to purchase. You won't be charged until you view it on the program description. Since you recorded this while your card was authorized the DVR won't get any indication the program was viewed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.