1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All timers got erased. Restored after reboot.

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by svrider, Feb 10, 2006.

1. svrider

svrider New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Yesterday I came home to discover that all my scheduled timers were missing on the 942. We record "Earl" & "Office" and both were missing. Going into history showed all the stuff we had seen until Wed night & then nothing. I rebooted it and everything came back. Except of course, no Office or Earl & no mention of missed recording.

We've had a few other hiccups but nothing like this. My wife also tried some manual recording before reboot & it wouldn't accept it. No reason or error message. I was just thinking how reliable a satellite dvr was over my pc (beyondtv/fusion) and now this happens! :(

Anyone experience something like this? Is this a bug in the new software? Man, what with the hike in their HD package & such bugs, I am really getting pissed off with Dish. :bang

2. Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman Icon

Feb 7, 2005
    what do you have in the way of power filtering and/or battery backup on your 942?

Also what about heat? Do you have some space for airflow under your 942? The 942 can run hot if there is not at least say 1/2-1inch of airflow under it. Especially if it is in a closed cabinet or sitting on top of a amplifier, etc.

Power and heat are the two biggest enemies of the 942 and have been known to cause out of the ordinary issues if the unit has sloppy power or overheating problems.

Jon

3. svrider

svrider New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I have all my equipment connected to a Monster HTS3500 power center. The 942 sits on shelf by itself with atleast 5-6 inches of clearance on top. Its not a closed cabinet too so I don't think heat is an issue.

4. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson ViP622/ViP722 Guy DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 16, 2005
    The air intake is on the bottom of the unit, so make sure it has free airflow. Several of us here have raised the unit up a little with taller rubber feet, which has helped to keep the unit cooler and more reliable.