1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

All timers show "No Info Available" and are recording

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by SandyG3, May 15, 2013.

1. SandyG3

SandyG3 AllStar

Nov 28, 2002
    Came home this afternoon and had random items recording (items that should have been skipped as they are older shows of current shows). On the daily schedule screen all the events from midnight last night and newer are showing NO INFO AVAILABLE but correctly show the show details on the right side of the screen. The timers are still set correctly on the timer screen; but it appears everything is trying to record.

I've restored the system from the remotes back up (from 3 days ago) and unplugged the unit for 5 minutes. Upon restart the system still shows all the daily schedule in correct. Please see attached picture.

http://db.tt/hjiGZk2w

Anyone else having any issues?

Thank You,

Sandy

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't think I have ever seen that one before.

Do you have a full 9-day EPG?

I have seen intermittent times with my 922 where it will suddenly have only 1-2 days of EPG, but that usually self-corrects before I have missed any recordings.

3. SandyG3

SandyG3 AllStar

Nov 28, 2002
    Yes; still have the full EPG and it looks ok with no missing data from what I can tell. My timers still show correctly ; just this screen is incorrect and incorrectly recording shows. I may let it go for now and see if the 3am restart fixes anything.

4. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That was to be my next thought... often times the weird glitches self-revolve after the overnight update even when power off or unplugging seems to have no effect. Hopefully yours will correct as well.

5. SandyG3

SandyG3 AllStar

Nov 28, 2002
    Woke up this morning and all was back to normally. Not quite sure what happened. I guess when all else fails; nightly update/restart may help.

6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Well... at least it is back to normal. I really haven't seen that. I have seen the EPG be corrupt before... and every once in a while when I first wake the receiver will have "no timers" display for a few minutes if the receiver is just coming out of a reboot cycle... but never saw the "No Info" thing in the schedule unless my EPG was also goofy.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to you again!