1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Alphabetic DVR Listing?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by nKeith, Oct 26, 2008.

1. nKeith

nKeith Mentor

Apr 20, 2008
    After installing a refurbished ViP622 I find that recordings on both the internal DVR as well as EHD are no longer listed in alphabetical order. On my original ViP 622, the listings were alphabetical.

Is there a procedure for restoring alphabetical listing?

Keith

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    On the scrren with the list of your recording select "SORT" and change it.

3. nKeith

nKeith Mentor

Apr 20, 2008
    So simple! Thanks, ks9c

4. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    Or simply press the pip Swap Key, this toggles the listing.

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Providing one of the two last sort operations is an alpha sort. It toggles between the last two sorts.

6. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    Mine's been that way so long I forget, what are the sort options besides alphabetical and date?

7. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    If Group by Title is selected, only Alpha/Numeric and DVR Date are available.

If No Groups are selected, the following is available:
    Alpha/Numeric
    DVR Date
    Movies
    Series/Specials
    Sports
    DVR Length
    Protected

I had not realized that the options changed depending on the Group setting. :blush:

8. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    Ahh, I always leave groups on, so never see the rest... (they look familiar, but it's been a long time...)

9. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    I may be confused, but all of those options are grayed out except Alpha/Numeric and DVR Date. (In Timers, however, all options are available.)

10. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    They are grayed out if you have folders turned on; turn off folders and the other options become available.

11. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    Quick question related to this: if I have a long list of recordings, no matter how it's sorted, is there an quick and easy way to simply go to either the last recording, or the last page of recordings?

12. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Not that I know of, though the page up and page down buttons let you go a page at a time instead of one recording or folder at a time.

13. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    If your list is alpha sorted, you can use the number keys on the remote to jump to titles starting with A, D, G, etc. This does not work on the EHD.

14. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    That is a good tip. I had forgotten that I stumbled on that a few months back. Gotta write that down. Do you think the EHD will ever get a user interface like we have on the internal drive? Soon?

15. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I don't understand why they didn't just modify the existing interface to add file size and other EHD specific commands. Why start from bare-bones basic when they already have something that works?

Maybe they'll even make the external list viewable with the main list, with options to view Int Only, Ext Only or Int+Ext. What we have now is a menu shortcut.

And to bring this back on topic, it would be nice to be able to change the EHD sort method without having to exit the list first.

16. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    It would not surprise me to find that pressing the '9' key would take one to the end of the list. Pressing '1' will go to the top.

17. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    Thanks. :)

18. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Press the '9' key. That will take you to the end of the list.

19. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    Is there a list for these "hidden" commands?

20. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    And '1" takes you back up to the top. :up: Just like TulsaOK suggested.