1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alphas - Goes Bye-bye

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    READ MORE

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well, that stinks.

- Merg

3. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    It isn't entirely surprising, but unfortunate. Will we ever get the cliff hanger ending of season 2 resolved now? :(

4. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    crap

5. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I have it all recorded but unwatched. Probably just delete it.

6. ke3ju

ke3ju Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    Stroudsburg,...
    I got 10 recorded and unwatched...I delete them...

7. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Another victim of the "Summer Glau curse". It seems she's been on a lot of shows that end up canceled before their time. I'll miss this show, it was actually a sci-fi show that my wife would watch with me, she especially liked the guy who played the autistic kid who could see electromagnetic signals in the air. The funny thing is when it first came out I wasn't going to watch it but then my brother told me about how "Binghamton" was part of the show and since that's where we grew up of course I had to at least check it out. Of course it really didn't have anything to do with Binghamton the city I grew up in but I ended up liking the show anyway. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

8. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    omg somebody needs to stop this monster.... everything she touches turns to ash :(

9. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I will miss it, but not like Eureka. :mad:

If it weren't for Gary, I doubt I'd have watched it. He had the BEST lines in the show. "Respect the Badge!"

10. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    It was more to me like a poor man's X-men

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    The more I think about it the more I watched it for Gary as well. His character was awesome and the actor did a great job.

12. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Yep he was the favorite in our household as well.

13. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I think that one of the writers was from the Binghamton area and familiar with the, now abandoned, Binghamton Psychiatric Center. It was basically an old "castle" on top of a hill overlooking the city.

Binghamton Psychiatric Center

14. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, quality wise. it beat the shiny spandex pants off of Continuum.

15. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    Those pants are HOT :D

16. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I could have forecast this as I liked the show :( Of the six hours on SyFy I recorded weekly only Warehouse 13 is left. I am going to give Continuum a couple more weeks before I decide on keeping it

17. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I wanted so much to like it but couldnt get into it. I didnt like Ryan Cartwright's character but probably because I was spoiled by his Bones character. For me that just left Azita Ghanizada (who I would watch read the phone book) and she wasnt enough.

18. jerrylove56

jerrylove56 Godfather

Jun 14, 2008
    North Alabama
    I caught the first season on Netflix and was hooked. Seems that the writers/creators wanted a more sinster plot and took the show toward more "dark" subject matter in the second season. Still hate that it gets axed.

19. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    In all honesty this was a step up from everything else SyFy was doing besides Blood and Chrome. It saddens me to it see go.

20. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    How can you tell how good or bad Blood And Chrome is? It hasn't started airing yet and is almost a month away.