1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alright .. a RELIABLE web hosting provider??

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by DBSPaul, Feb 20, 2004.

1. DBSPaul

DBSPaul Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 26, 2002
    After making a big mistake and choosing PlanetGac to host my domain after years of Verio to save $$, it's been two months and I've had more downtime and problems than I even want to think about.

I need suggestions for a good web hosting provider that STAYS UP and doesn't have their systems wig out for one reason or the other. SSH access is preferable, but I'll work around it if someone doesn't offer it.

Obviously price is a factor, but I just found out what $60/year buys you - squat.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been using www.p4host.com for my (non)-web site for a couple of reasons:
    • Cheap ($4.99)
    • Has Spam Assassin
    • Has IMAP access
    • Has a lot of disk space
    But, remember, I've shut down Deep Space Franchise for a little while, so there is little web use.

I'm going to check with a buddy of mine to see what he uses and how he likes it.

3. DBSPaul

Mar 26, 2002
    ..so far I'm looking at either Infinology or Lunarpages. Reliability is critical to me, and I do host some web content (it will go up as I get free time .. ha!). But I can't afford to have my email go offline for 7 hours like it just did today with PlanetGac.

4. Orcatek

Orcatek Legend

May 1, 2003
    I've use hostrod.com Very happy so far.

5. DBSPaul

Mar 26, 2002
    How long?? Any down time?

6. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    What kind of Spam filtering do they offer?