1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

also when are the new hd channels coming?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jwren, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwren

jwren AllStar

Nov 9, 2006
    I would love an update on that?

2. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Then you should probably check the main D* forum as this is a forum for CE items, and new HD channels arent CE.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Thread has been moved to the programming forum.

4. jwren

jwren AllStar

Nov 9, 2006
    Hi Earl, I just posted this in the other post...
    maybe you could comment..

Well I was told there would be 150 new non-local channels (meaning only channels like hdtv, speed, etc...not networks in other states..) I was told this would be added this year and that they would start this process in spring 07. Well that is about to be yesterday and the satalights aren't even launched yet? ho humm,, just as I thought another empty promise from our friends at DTV...They need to start doing as they say and not as they do...

BTW: it wouldn't surprise me if when they do add a few more hd channels they try to charge me more money..that's just the way they are.. tell you you are paying so much now cause someday they will do this and that... and add this and that.. then it happens and they say but now we have to charge you x amount of dollars because look at what you get now... the prices just keep going up up up...

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You'll find a lot of threads here with information and speculation about DirecTV's new HiDef channels.

A couple of things to keep in mind ....

* No new channels are coming until the new satellites are in place and operational, probably starting later this Summer
    * Today there are not nearly 150 additional non-local HiDef channels .... DirecTV is just announcing that they will have the capacity for that many channels. You'll find many threads here discussing what channels might be offered first. Very little is likely to be officially announced until the satellites are ready to go live.
    * You will need an H20 HD Receiver or HR20 HD DVR with a 5-LNB satellite dish to receive these new channels.
    * We might see price increases for some of these additional channels. Is that really a surprise to anyone?

6. mrudo

mrudo Mentor

Jan 23, 2007
  7. twaller

twaller Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Directv 10 is scheduled (as has been scheduled for quite some time) to launch from Khazakstan from ILS. This launch is scheduled for June.
    D11 was a Sea Launch, and this may be delayed into 4Q '07 or 1Q '08.
    D10 alone gives D* the ability to increase national HD to 100 Channels.

8. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    What he said. Twaller is spot on. D11 has been re-scheduled for December, D10 has always been on ILS and is the next launch, currently expected in June (I'm thinking fairly early June to allow for the July 7 launch of Sirius 4.)

So its coming soon!

Cheers,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.