1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I over Paying with my package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ScottShortBus, Aug 14, 2010.

1. ScottShortBus

ScottShortBus New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Been with Directv since 2008. should I be receiving $10 credit for my paperless billing? and since my equipment is leased do I need protection plan. Live in Florida (lightning). I canceled my NFL Sunday ticket for this year, but now am thinking about getting it back. I hated the fact that the games were not in HD and now they are.

thanks

My total bill is $102.29

79.99 PLUS HD DVR Monthly
    5.99 protection plan
    5.99 2nd reciever lease

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    You're probably paying the regular price for your package, so I can't say its your over paying. Although you should call and see if you can get the Free HD credit of $10/mo for 24 mo's. Just call and let them know you heard about the free HD and see what happens.

If you want NFL ST, you might be able to get a $20/mo credit for 6 mo's. Just mention exactly what you said about NFL ST and add that it was kind of expensive. If they don't give you the credit right away, add it anyway. Then call back in a couple weeks and say your wife said its too expensive and she wants you to cancel. Then they might offer the discount.

3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think we're all over paying for TV. ;)

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I know you are correct in that statement. I am really cutting back on my subscription lately, and will probably do so again.

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    There is no $10 credit for paperless billing (other than the one-time "go green" credit). You may have this confused with the free HD for 24 months, which requires autopay (and would probably require you to change to a different package).

6. brainwaver

brainwaver Cool Member

Jul 8, 2008
    If he has Choice Xtra +HD DVR ($79.99) he should not have to change packages. That's the package I have and I got the $10 (HD for free) 24 month credit without having to change my package.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Given the amount of commercials aired during prime time added with the infomercials during non prime time all in the name of off setting the cost do you really think we are over paying for TV?......Of course we are!

8. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    When I signed up 2 years ago this was an option but only at the time of signing up and I didnt know that. I went in to do it later on and it was a one time credit unstead of $5 off for a year I think or something close to that.

9. ziggy29

ziggy29 Icon

Nov 18, 2004
    San Antonio DMA
    I got it as well, and I still have the old, grandfathered Total Choice Plus package.