1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Am I the Only One with these Nomad issues?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Rtm, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Attached pictures.

Have a SWM16 with (2 green label 4-way splitters) a Wired-CCK/DECA going to router and then the Nomad going to the router.

Have 7 receivers total (4 HD) and (3 HD DVR)

All receivers were in standby/off when this was happening

Attached Files:

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Those error messages were the ones I'd received when I tried to stream hockey games from the NHL CI package, which I subscribe too (I found out later that the nomad is programed to treat out-of-market games as PPV, which means you can't transcode or stream them to your nomad devices).

I had the same situation in that my DVRs also weren't in use. But if I'm reading the background correctly, you're trying to stream a show recorded from Comedy Central. So you should be able too watch those.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes it's happening all the time I've even held down the reset for 2minutes on the Nomad to completely clear it and I still am having issues.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Have you try to reset your HDDVRs?

5. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I have the same problem, same on all recordings and all DVRs.

6. SkyHunterSky

SkyHunterSky New Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Louisville
    Mine has no issues Ike this. Do you only get the message if you are streaming live or also when trying to download from DVR to genie go then watching ? Yes next month nomads will officially be called genie go ;)

7. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Only when streaming from a DVR.

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Have you called DirecTV yet? I've had issues since Saturday with my PC not being able to see the nomad. I've had to uninstall then reinstall the PC client twice in the past two days.

9. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    Mine started Saturday as well, I will try a reinstall tonight.

10. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nomad app, now all is working correct.