1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AM21 issue

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by sat4r, Mar 4, 2012.

1. sat4r

sat4r Godfather

Aug 27, 2006
    Willow Park Tx
    I installed a new surge protector yesterday and now both of my AM21 do not work. The guide is populated with the local stations and gives a error code of 792 searching for signal on the off-air anrenna. Any ideas?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm not familiar with a 792. Maybe redo the satellite and antenna setup?

3. sat4r

sat4r Godfather

Aug 27, 2006
    Willow Park Tx
    thanks for the reply Stuart , still nothing at all,the guide is populated still shows searching for signal on off-air antenna.

4. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    Your antenna amp wasn't going thru the surge protector before right? I accidentally unplugged my small antenna amp and got 792 as well. Just a thought.

5. rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr Legend

Jan 30, 2011
    792 is to OTA what 771 is to the D* Dish. It's a signal loss on the OTA.

6. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    I suspect a bad surge protector. You get your guide info off of the satellite. You receive your locals off of your OTA antenna, which now appears to be open or shorted.

7. sat4r

sat4r Godfather

Aug 27, 2006
    Willow Park Tx
    Problem is corrected,when I took down my C-BAND there was a cable in the attic that I accidently took out the same time that I installed the surge protector. It has so many years that this was connected and now fixed. Thanks for all your inputs.