1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AM21?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tsbrady1, Jul 23, 2010.

1. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    Is the AM21 fully integrated to the H or HR24, what I mean is does it work through the same remote, channel guide, on/off ect....I only use OTA for heavy rain fade episodes and looking at the local radar on 11-2, wife isn't going to like it if she has another remote and has to search another guide or menu to find programs

2. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    YEs.

3. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    hasan, Thanks for the quick reply!

4. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    While I don't have a 24 (color me jealous), I use an AM21 with both an HR21-200 and H21-200 and they work fine. There may be some "startup" bugs with the AM21 and HR24/H24 series, so be patient with it. It will work properly, given some time. I've read a few posts about issues, but this is to be expected with any new marriage between the AM21 and a new sat box. It is designed to work, and it will, but give it some patience if you experience some problems (be sure to report them, of course.

Glad to help, welcome aboard!

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    There have been some reports of issues with playback of recordings made on a HR24/AM21 combination. I have seen this a few times but watching live OTA programs has not been an issue. Since the HR24 is still quite new, and uses a different processor, the software probably still needs a bit of tweaking but it has improved since the introduction and I have no reason to doubt that it will continue to get better (a new software version is anticipated to be released soon).

6. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    I don't have the 24 yet but VOS bought up an interesting concept in another thread, I have HR20-700s and wanted to get a HR24 for the upcomming football season because I channel surf so much and could use the increase in speed. VOS suggested on getting a H24 and use the HR20's as "servers" and saving $100 so I am now leaning that way.