1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Amazing Race' Serves It Up Family-Style

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Mark Holtz, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    From Zap2It:

'Amazing Race' Serves It Up Family-Style

CBS has revealed the identities of the 10 families competing in the next edition of "The Amazing Race." Unlike previous installments of the Emmy-winning show, which featured teams of two, the new version (subtitled "Family Edition") will feature groups of four, all of whom are related in some way.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Some of these families are classified as "nuclear families" which means that things are bound to be explosive....

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    My sister had myself, my half-brother and my Dad (who's not my half-brother's dad) apply for this one. Obviously we didn't make the cut though. My sister really wants to get on this show though so she had me apply again w/ her for AR 9. That app just went in the middle of July and we haven't heard anything yet, somehow i'm not surprised. I guess I better be careful though, because if for some strange reason we get picked my sis will have my hide if i'm not ready to do this, maybe I should start at least thinking about working out! *LOL* Oh well, it'd be fun I guess, it is about the only reality show I really care to watch.

3. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
  4. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    I only count 10 teams. Normally we have 11. Oh well, might not be as exciting as the other seasons since it sounds like they never leave the continent but it should be worth a watch none the less.

5. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Thats a lot of people to keep track of, and not all of them thought to coordinate their wardrobes with matching colors. ;)

My sister really wants to get on this show though so she had me apply again w/ her for AR 9.

Hey, when applications for AR10 come up, have her contact me. Once you apply with a particular teammate, you are ineligible to do so again with that same combination. So I'm on the lookout for folks to apply with me as well. I wonder how they would describe our relationship: Complete strangers, who met only while filming their application. ;)

might not be as exciting as the other seasons since it sounds like they never leave the continent

Just curious, but where did you get this idea? The link above says they will be going around the world.

6. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    That info comes directly from http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/

They post alot of interesting articles on AR etc. The have had several post of AR8 sightings. None outside the continent.