1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Prime agreement with Disney-ABC that adds 800 popular titles from ABC Studios, The Disney Cha

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by oldschoolecw, Oct 31, 2011.

1. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/104-4398649-5617507
    Dear Customers,

Our Prime Instant Video team is on a roll. Today, we're announcing an agreement with Disney-ABC that adds 800 popular titles from ABC Studios, The Disney Channel, ABC Family, and Marvel. These new titles will bring the total to almost 13,000 TV shows and movies — all available for unlimited instant streaming.

The popular series Lost and Grey’s Anatomy will be ready for streaming tomorrow. Then, we’ll add other favorites including Felicity, The Disney Channel’s Phineas & Ferb, Marvel’s X-Men Evolution, and ABC Family shows like Greek and episodes from the most current season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Disney-ABC joins recently announced deals with FOX, CBS, NBC-Universal, and PBS — just to name a few. We’ve added shows like Arrested Development, Firefly, The X-Files, every series of Star Trek, and Prison Break. You can watch on over 300 different devices, including our new Kindle Fire. Instant video streaming is a new benefit of Amazon Prime and is brought to you at no additional cost — Prime membership remains $79 a year.

2. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    They just keep growing and growing. It is a good time to be a Amazon Prime member. :)

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Yeah, I love being a prime member. And will sign up again once my year is up

4. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    +1

5. jagrim

jagrim Hall Of Fame

Aug 25, 2006
    I just really wish that Amazon would have an iPad app so I could get more out of my prime membership.

AG

6. Beasley

Beasley New Member

May 29, 2011

I purchased an Amazon Prime membership, last year, mainly because of the free shipping benefit, but since buying a new Vizio 3D TV with VIA Internet apps., I'm doubly glad that I did. The supply of free movies and programs is almost endless and it looks like Amazon will be adding more with future agreements with other studios.

Kudos to Amazon!!

7. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    How do you like you're Vizio with the Internet Apps?

8. sledgehammer1367066128

sledgehammer1367066128 New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    But how long will they keep it 'free'? The more content they add, the more likely it will be that the content providers will demand higher fees. Sooner or later, they'll have to raise the price or drop content.