1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Amazon Prime and HBO Ink Exclusive Multi-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by trdrjeff, Apr 23, 2014.

1. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Amazon and HBO Ink Exclusive Multi-Year Deal to Bring Award-Winning HBO Programming to Prime Members

For the first time ever, favorite HBO series like The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Big Love, Eastbound & Down, Oz, Band of Brothers and Deadwood, as well as early seasons of Boardwalk Empire and True Blood, will become available on Amazon Prime Instant VideoHBO GO coming to Amazon’s Fire TV

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazon-and-hbo-ink-exclusive-multi-year-deal-to-bring-award-winning-hbo-programming-to-prime-members-2014-04-23

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    That gets me a step closer to dropping the movie packages.

Rich

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Wow! The Amazon Fire TV, if not a game-changer, is certainly a leap forward* in
    streaming technology and new features over the Roku, Apple and Google boxes.
    I'll get in line, but I won't order until Bezos can deliver it to my doorstep by drone.

*see comparison chart here.

4. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Three-year-old HBO series. I suppose that will satisfy some users.

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    But it doesn't upscale, none of the boxes do that I've tried upscale. I'd still rather have an upscaling BD player than any of the boxes.

Rich

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    It's a start. Not very satisfying for me either, but at least a door has opened.

Rich

7. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Apple TV includes HBO Go, which provides virtually all the old and new shows. Of course you have to be a current HBO subscriber with your TV carrier to watch.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I know, but it doesn't upscale them from 720p or 1080i to 1080p, does it? I've become addicted to 1080p content.

Rich

9. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Probably not. But with only a 40-inch HD set that doesn't bother me in the least.

10. Joe Tylman

Joe Tylman Legend

Dec 13, 2012
    The deal does not include any of the current series either. So even when the current series hit the 4th year they will not be available.

11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I watch my 42" plasma quite a bit and I can easily see the differences.

Rich