1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

AMC developing a "companion series" to The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Sep 16, 2013.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    http://moviepilot.com/stories/1116369-amc-developing-a-companion-series-to-the-walking-dead?stamp=75656&subscribe_to=201193&utm_campaign=amc-developing-a-companion-series-to-the-walking-dead&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-stream-post

"AMC announced today that the network is in the initial stages of developing a companion series to its original drama series The Walking Dead, which premiered on AMC in October of 2010. The Walking Dead is currently the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board as executive producers, with AMC Studios set to produce. The companion series has a target on-air date of 2015.

”Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”"

I have often wondered how other places and people are dealing with the zombie apocalypse. Hopefully this spin-off will be just as entertaining.....

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I love this idea and maybe down the road they will meet up, who knows

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I like the idea. Maybe some West Coasters, or Midwesterners.

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    How about even another county?

5. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    Up next,
    Walking Dead - New York
    Walking Dead - Miami
    Walking Dead - London
    Walking Dead - Las Vegas

If CSI and Law and order can do it, why not :)

1 person likes this.
  6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Not a bad idea either.

7. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    China would be wicked cool as long as I don't have to read subtitles :righton:

8. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Legend

Sep 1, 2008
    The Amazing undersea world of the walking dead! A sub full of survivors traversing the oceans of planet earth. These castaways must not only face walkers on land when they dock in global ports of call but they also have to face dreaded pirate walkers and underwater walker/swimmers!!

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    lol, if in a foreign country subtitles would be the only way, in my opinion, to do it right.

10. Number Six

Number Six Cool Member

Aug 7, 2011
    I wish they would take something else from the horror genre and give it the same expansive, character-driven treatment.

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Such as? Vampires and Warewolves have been overdone, poorly, so what's left?

12. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Soylent Green the series :righton:

13. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    The Talking Dead. Every night, Piers Morgan interviews reanimated stiffs from Ronald Reagan to Marilyn Monroe. Then he blows their heads off after the last commercial break. I'd watch.