1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMC in HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cancun64, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 9, 2010 #1 of 13
    cancun64

cancun64 Mentor

Dec 2, 2007
    When is DTV going to broadcast AMC in HD ? I am tired of watching Mad Men in SD.

2. Aug 9, 2010 #2 of 13
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Who are you asking?

3. Aug 9, 2010 #3 of 13
    dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Before the year 2015.

4. Aug 9, 2010 #4 of 13
    hdthebest

hdthebest Godfather

Sep 10, 2007
    first post regarding this topic....kidding of course

5. Aug 9, 2010 #5 of 13
    JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
  6. Aug 9, 2010 #6 of 13
    bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    It's kinda cruel to add the question mark in the initial post, but not in the thread title.

7. Aug 9, 2010 #7 of 13
    cancun64

cancun64 Mentor

Dec 2, 2007
    Ok, this happens all the time here. I asked a simple question, I would appreciate a simple answere, not to be asked why I am asking or sending me to another link etc.
    If you know the answer to the question: When is DTV going to broadcast AMC in HD ? I thank you in advance if not no need to post nonsense.

8. Aug 9, 2010 #8 of 13
    DocBM

DocBM Cool Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I think dcowboy7 nailed it

9. Aug 9, 2010 #9 of 13
    matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    The reason for what you are getting is because nobody knows when it is going to happen, and we would have 30 threads all popping up when we click the new posts tab all with the same BS.

AMC HD will get here when it gets here. Do you honestly think people are sitting around laughing, wondering how long they can make us wait for it? If you have such a problem, write a letter to AMC and tell them to quit being so high and mighty about their HD feed, cut their stupid SD feed off, and send HD at the same price. The whole reason we are waiting on channels is because the networks think they deserve more money for something that is becoming the standard. Gripe to them about it. I would rather wait for them than get a giant festivus of channels and my bill go up to pay for it.

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    No one knows. SatelliteRacer knows more about this kind of thing than anyone, and he says "It takes two to Tango."

On Twitter, an executive producer for Big Bang Theory has been quite vocal on the issue, and recently changed from asking people to complain to DirecTV to asking them to complain to Rainbow Media, saying it was their fault.

11. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    You really think if someone knew the answer it wouldn't be posted all over the board??

simple question is right.

12. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Because everyone has certain channels that they are interested in and because we do not want to have hundreds of threads all asking essentially the same questions, for over a year now we have had a Quarterly HD Anticipation thread. It gives a single location for people to vent about the channels they want in HD and a place were news, rumors, etc., can be discussed.

You haven't been posting long but had you checked the quarterly thread you would have found a large group of people all with the same concern as you about Mad Men. You would also know that there appears to be financial negotiation issues with AMC and DirecTV. It is being closely followed by all concerned. You will also find in that same thread an extremely definitive information source who posts from time to time... when he posts, everyone listens... because he knows!

So follow this thread and post there if you will http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=179969 .

13. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Legend

Aug 27, 2006
    Watch it on your worst TV from a long distance away. Then the glaring ugliness of AMC in SD won't be noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.