1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Chopper

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by VDP07, Nov 15, 2011.

1. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    I found it interesting that last night's episode featured Paul Jr's shop doing a build for the 911 memorial while over at OCC, they were doing a build for a Saudi Arabian customer. Unless you beleive the conspiracy theorists, the 911 attacks were planned and carried out by, among others, several Saudi Arabians, making the builds in this episode kinda ironic. I wonder if these builds were actually being done at the same time or just edited to appear that way. It does seem that the show has taken on a more pro JR stance this season tho. By the way, the Arabian bike looks ridiculous.

2. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    In fairness OCC did do a 9/11 tribute bike for the tenth anniversary a few episodes back. I don't know if it is more "taking a stance" or OCC is just getting that bad and there is no way to show them in a better light.

I laughed for a good minute at the horse that they had plastered on in the rendering. There really is no comparison between that and the totally hand made I beam frame that PJD did in the same episode. I wonder if they weren't shown at the same time because OCC did cut their frame and sort of hand made it, just like they both built a trike around the same time, or at least aired at the same time.

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Great season this year so far! Can't wait for those episodes with Jesse James at the beginning of Dec.

The "pro PJD" leaning you may see is because the fans want that... Look at the voting for the head-to-head Cadillac build, PJD's bike got voted over the OCC bike by huge numbers.

Personally I don't want to see either of the companies fail, ever, but also right now (or at least at the beginning) PJD had it a little more "rough". They didn't have all the tools at their disposal like OCC has but that gap is narrowing.

And the whole Father/Sons thing is fine with me, if they didn't talk about it ever again, I wouldn't miss it.

edit: I am trying to find the official numbers for the vote/auction of the build off but I only can find this: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american-chopper/chopper-auction.html

I wanted to find numbers to back my words up but google is being elusive. :grin:

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I'll vouch for you.

I don't remember the exact results either, but it was something like 50,000 votes for Seniors caddy and 500,000 votes for Juniors.

Of course, Juniors bike was much nicer, but the results still stunned me.

5. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    PJD has turned out some very good bikes.They looked like they are one of a kind designs.

OCC just seemed to be turning out choppers as fast as they could to avoid bankruptcy.

6. yogi

yogi Legend

Feb 8, 2006
    OMG
    PJD put out, One bike at a time. The whole company works on one bike.
    On the 911 bike. They had a company come in to do the frame.

It's kind of funny now, Jr. shop is clean. Tools are not in a big pile. No empty coffee cups. And he doesn't disappear anymore.

So far, I won't buy ether of PJD or OCC bike's I saw on TV. But, then again I couldn't afford them anyway.

7. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I am finding myself enjoying this season over any other, I hated the fighting in the past, it was very sad. I am leaning big time towards Paul JR. Designs, very innovative for a much smaller company.

PS
    Free Rick:)

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I stopped watching for a couple of seasons as the fighting got to be a bit much. This season, however, has totally gotten me back into the show. PJD bikes are amazing. No comparison, really.

And while I used to like Jesse James, he's a really hard guy to like now.

9. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    To me the most amazing custom bike out there right now is the Gears Of War 3 trike. Where in the world has that ever been done. To me that thing is amazing and I would love to see it in person. And who made it, PJD, not that I want anyone to win but that is some quality coming out of that shop.