1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

American Horror Story Playback Glitch

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by shendley, Oct 24, 2013.

1. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I recorded the latest episode of American Horror Story: Coven Wednesday at 9 central. But when we watched it tonight, the DVR (HR 44) stopped the playback and gave the option to keep or delete the recording with the buffer still showing about 6 minutes left on the recording. I tried resuming the recording there, quickly skipping back a couple of times and then both skipping forward and fast forwarding. Neither strategy worked to get past the original point at which the DVR stopped the playback. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Also, to make matters worse, AMC isn't rebroadcasting this episode until next Wednesday, so we have to wait a week to see how the episode ends!

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This has been reported widely over at the DirecTV forums

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Which forum are you referring to? I checked the Directv Programming and the Directv General Discussion forum and didn't see any thread titles referring to American Horror Story.

4. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    look under "recent activity"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
  6. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
  7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There has been also reports on issues with Dexter and IIRC, it has to do with one episode, not all of them

8. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    That's good news, I guess, if it's isolated to a few specific episodes of shows. But I recorded the same episode of Dexter (it's from Season 2, "There's Something About Harry") that I had the problem with on my HR24 tonight, and it appears to be problem free. Seems like it's something going on with the HR44.

9. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I've watched all episodes of American Horror Story to date from the DVR and this did not happen here. Perhaps there was a signal issue on your end?