1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

American Horror Story: The Next Book Been Pickup

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    FX Orders Next Book of "American Horror Story"

The Futon Critic

2. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    That's cool. The more horror series on TV the better IMHO. That being said, I don't think Asylum is as strong as season 1, which was fantastic. This year they've thrown in everything but the kitchen sink: a slasher, exorcism, demon possession, a Nazi war criminal, monstrous mutations, and, wait for it, space aliens. It's too over the top for my taste.

3. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I agree. I've all but stopped watching this season. I still record it, but it's become an if there is absolutely nothing else on and I have nothing else recorded I'll watch it show.

4. brian188

brian188 Legend

Oct 13, 2007
    I agree. Until this week's episode, I found that I was forcing myself to watch it. However, after this week I'm finally interested and want to see next week.

Although it is way over the top IMO. The exorcism and possession were just silly.

5. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Agree, the Alien part just about had me stop watching but I've held in, it is getting better. Haven't seen this weeks yet, planning on that tonite. If it is a true anthology I guess that makes next season the last.

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I believe you're thinking of a Trilogy. An Anthology has no set number limit.

7. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Yeah I was thinking trilogy. Think the beatles Anthology being 3 cases seeped into my head.

8. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Great show! I think season 2 has actually been better then the first and the first was great. Ya it's dark but so well written and the acting is top notch.

9. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I thought last season was more over-the-top than this one.

There should be some "normalcy" in a series set in a residential area in a large city, IMHO, and there wasn't.

In an insane asylum from fifty years ago? Let it all hang out!

10. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    I agree. I suspected who the slasher was but the twists were still handled well.

11. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    And now we have the angel of death. Really?!?!

12. Rickt1962

Rickt1962 Legend

Jul 17, 2012
    aww good i thought it was just me. Glad everyone else thinks this season is strange and boring ! The flash backs jump all over the place :nono2:

13. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    There's nothing boring about this season and if you're following along the flashbacks make perfect sense.

14. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    I think the flashbacks have been some of the best things about the show this season. There are simply too many fantastical story elements for my liking.