1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol "The Girls" 2/20/2008

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Doug Brott, Feb 20, 2008.

Who's your favorite(s)?

1. Alaina Whitaker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Alexandréa Lushington

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Amanda Overmyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Amy Davis

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Asia'h Epperson

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Brooke White

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. Carly Smithson

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. Joanne Borgella

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  9. Kady Malloy

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  10. Kristy Lee Cook

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  11. Ramiele Malubay

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  12. Syesha Mercado

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    OK, cast your vote for the girls .. no it doesn't really count for anything, but will give you the chance to vote here for your favorite ..

Alaina Whitaker
    Alexandréa Lushington
    Amanda Overmyer
    Amy Davis
    Asia'h Epperson
    Brooke White
    Carly Smithson
    Joanne Borgella
    Kady Malloy
    Kristy Lee Cook
    Ramiele Malubay
    Syesha Mercado

2. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    This was tough ... only a couple of the girls sounded really good to me, and I can't say they're favorites - they were just better than the others tonight:

Best tonight:
    Asia'h
    Ramiele

Horrible tonight:
    Amanda (Elvira)
    Carly

Side note: What's up with the people jumping to their feet before the first note is even sung? Then they stand looking like fools as a slow ballad is sung ...

3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I agree, it was tough, it was tough to listen to almost all of them. Sorry. Maybe its the songs, I don't think it was a good idea to do 60's songs the first week. I think they should do like the British version and allow the singers to choose and sing whatever they want. I don't know.

4. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I though Ramiele Malubay did the best tonight and I also enjoyed listening to Syesha Mercado, Alaina Whitaker, Brooke White and Asia'h Epperson.

I really like the Phil Collins version of Groovy Kind of Love and I felt that Kady Malloy butchered it but I want her to do well because she is very likable.

I really didn't like Alexandréa Lushington so I guess I sided with Simon on that one .. That may just mean I'm getting old, though :(

5. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    I thought Alaina sang well. Even though she sang aweful, I still like Amanda (Rocker Nurse).

And I have to disagree with Randy, the guys were a lot better than the ladies during this first week.

pf

6. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    First off.. I definitely felt the girls did better than the guys...

Top three and I think these are the woman to beat...
    Ramiele Malubay
    Syesha Mercado
    Carly Smithson

I also think these have potential but need more polish. Perhaps will grow
    Asia'h Epperson
    Alexandréa Lushington
    Amanda Overmyer

The rest I think at this moment did not show enough and are forgettable. Now.. on to Kady Malloy.... To me.. She looks like she does not want to be there... Almost forcing smiles at times... other times she look miserable. I like the voice but the person singing it did not come out... Like Simon said.. A pencil and I think that is about right... Excellent voice.. no passion...

7. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    My top 3 favorites are:

1. Kady Malloy
    2. Alaina Whitaker
    3. Kristy Lee Cook

8. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Aren't they all blond? :grin:

Kady needs to loosen up a bit, but I do understand what she was trying to do with that song .. She tried to stay true to the song, but it didn't work. I think she should have made the song a bit more up tempo and played up to the camera a little more and it would have been just fine ..

9. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I thought the best three performances were the last three up.
    Ramiele
    Syesha
    Carly

10. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    :grin:

11. kitchj

kitchj Godfather

Aug 3, 2007
    I actually think the girls are better. Still though, it was NOT the best talent ever. I don't think there is a clear cut front runner at ALL. No one stuck out ... on the "good" side anyway. Hotness factor goes in for Kristy Lee Cook, Kady Malloy, and Syesha Mercado.

Alaina Whitaker - I liked this one. She might have gotten extra points cuz she followed two bad ones :p

Alexandréa Lushington - One of my favorite songs. She wrecked it. I hate the rapper dance thing. It is annoying.

Amanda Overmyer - I was disappointed. And I understand there is a scat in the song, but I do think she slipped up once. I really like her vibe though.

Amy Davis - Awful. Bottom of the night.

Asia'h Epperson - I'm not a big fan of hers either. It turns me off when every time you see someone they give you the sad story. I know it's not really her fault though. Her voice doesn't work for me.

Brooke White - I actually really like her. It did start a bit rough. I think she may have been sick as well, but at least she didn't tell me so :D

Carly Smithson - I do like her a lot. I don't know that she's found the style that suits her best though.

Joanne Borgella - Yeah.... not a fan.

Kady Malloy - I thought she was pretty decent. Not a wow moment by any means, but I kinda like her.

Kristy Lee Cook - She was alright. Not spectacular. Quit saying you're "sick". I don't care.

Ramiele Malubay - Not her best, but I do think she's one of the better singers.

Syesha Mercado - Man she's hot :p I like her quite a bit.