1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

American Idol (Top 3) - 05/08/2013

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Alan Gordon, May 8, 2013.

Who Were Your Favorites?

1. Angie Miller

61.5%
  2. Candice Glover

38.5%
  3. Kree Harrison

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. May 8, 2013 #1 of 17
    Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Discuss... :D

2. May 9, 2013 #2 of 17
    dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Here's what I think will happen...

Amber is gone. Those that voted for her music type will likely vote for Candice or Angie. That puts Kree out this week.

With Kree gone, those that voted for her music type will probably be likely to vote for Angie so she wins.

Any way the shoe drops, all 3 of them should have pretty good careers.

3. May 9, 2013 #3 of 17
    hdtvman

hdtvman New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I think all will have good careers, but Candace isn't losing unless she keels over next week

1 person likes this.
  4. May 9, 2013 #4 of 17
    Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
  5. May 9, 2013 #5 of 17
    davidjplatt

davidjplatt Legend

Sep 22, 2007
    So much for Kree out...

I'm not surprised that Angie went home. Her style is too ordinary. Candace has a spectacular voice and nailed Somewhere from West Side Story. Kree was okay but I don't think one on one she'll stack up in the finale.

I really want Candace to win this whole thing. She is better than all of them when she picks the songs and has the best chance for a long term career. Her rendition of Love Song was phenomenal, Somewhere was outstanding, Straight Up could actually made a Paula Abdul song sound current and she picked the best Bacharach and David song she could have picked.

I really want the better singer to win for a change. Katherine McPhee is so much more successful than Taylor Hicks, Adam Lambert has a much bigger career than Kris Allen, And Jennifer Hudson proved that she should have been in the top two with Fantasia.

Vote for Candace in the finale... she's the better singer and should win.

1 person likes this.
  6. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    +1. As someone who enjoys all genres of music, including country, I'm not sure it's fair the country voters essentially call the shots on who wins these competitions. At least since I've been watching (the Taylor Hicks season). Looks like The Voice is headed that way as well.

On another note, thank goodness Idol is cleaning house. On The Voice, I enjoy listening to the judges almost as much as the singers. Last couple of weeks watching Idol, I just fast-forwarded to the performances.

1 person likes this.
  7. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Wonder if Seacrest will survive. While still as good as ever he seemed just a little bit off his game this year. He might be tough to replace.

8. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I hope he survives as well. I really didn't watch the show this season, but he still strikes me as being a classy guy, and I imagine he's doing as well as he can with the cards he's been dealt this year.

9. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Seacrest doesn't make the show for me. If he goes, I won't miss him.

10. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Kree will win. Those that voted for Angie will vote for Kree thus outstripping Candaces votes. IMO of course.

11. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    If that happens, we won't see the best singer win ... again. :down:

IMO of course. :sure:

12. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I wonder if he's really leaving on his own or did he get the boot too?

Jimmy needs to go too.

I'm also tired of the old slow boring music.

13. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I read somewhere that Fox had reached a dead-end when they were negotiating with Enrique Iglesias. Enrique was supposed to take over Randy's spot. The talks renewed recently and Randy decided it was time to tell the world that he wasn't fired, he quit.

I like Jimmy just a little more than I can stomach Dick Cl ... er ... Ryan Seacrest,

Did you see that Nigel Lythgoe was leaving, too? It's ironic because, whether he realizes it or not, he already knows the solution to AI's problems. He solved them in SYTYCD.

14. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
  15. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
  16. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    General Comment:

The music isn't so much slow as it is old.

Every year it's almost the same list of themes. Personally, they could give "Lennon/McCartney" a year or two off. Same thing for "birth year". I wouldn't even complain if they never have another "Burt Bacharach" or "Standards" night. Same goes for "big band" and "Barry Manilow" nights. I'm not a fan of "Neil Sedaka" , "Rod Stewart" or "Elvis" or "Dolly Parton" so off with those heads! "Andrew Lloyd Webber" has overstayed his welcome, as has "Neil Diamond" and "Smokey Robinson". Actually, I'd venture to say I wouldn't care to see or hear any theme that covers music earlier than 1960. Yeah, I know ... I love Etta J. and Billy H. and Bobby D and Dinah W., too, but they have to draw the line somewhere.

I'm on the fence with "Billy Joel", "Bee Gees" (style is too similar between songs), "Elton John" (see Standards), "Donna Summer" (overexposed) and "Bon Jovi".

I still think "Motown" is relatively young as is "disco" (although I'm not a fan). "Country"' and "Broadway" are ok, I guess ... lots of new stuff there. "Billboard" night could stay as well. And "soul", I love soul.

Solid keepers include "iTunes" "Stevie Wonder" and "Rock" (not a real fan).

New themes they should consider:

1. Amy Winehouse night.
    2. Funk night.
    3. Blues night.
    4. Chicago night.
    5. Eagles night.
    6. Lionel Richie night.
    7. Leo Sayer night
    8. Ray Charles night.
    9. Roy Orbison night.
    ... to name a few.