1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

American Idol (Top 5) - 04/17/2013

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Alan Gordon, Apr 17, 2013.

Who Were Your Favorites?

1. Amber Holcomb

60.0%
  2. Angie Miller

60.0%
  3. Candice Glover

40.0%
  4. Janelle Arthur

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kree Harrison

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Discuss... :D

2. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    It's in the can. I'll watch it sometime today. Any surprises?

3. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Amber has an extraordinary voice and she proved it on her second song. Less is more!

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I think Angie Miller pretty much has the best shot at winning.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It's a crap shoot at this point (minus Jannelle).

6. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I agree Doug. The other four are all very good, with not much separating them.

7. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    +2. I'll be surprised if Jannelle isn't cut.

Have to admit I didn't like Amber in round 1, but I loved her in round 2.

8. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    The right girl went home last night. Wonders never cease.

1 person likes this.
  9. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I was surprised, too. They actually got it right.

10. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, but even she wasn't bad. She was just the lesser of the 5 remaining.

1 person likes this.
  11. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Does anyone miss Zonnette? !rolling

12. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    No, Doug, no one misses her. It's sorta disturbing that you even brought her up. :sure:

Last night's loser was/is a talented singer and will do very well. She was just one of five extraordinary artists competing this year. I'm only hoping that with Lazaro's exit, the voting will be more rational going forward.

My favorite is Candice. I've heard all of the ladies perform since the beginning and have concluded that it doesn't matter what Candice sings. She somehow always adds just the right tone, riff, inflection, whathaveyou to a song that makes it memorable no matter how many times you've heard it before. I know Jimmy didn't care for it, but I loved it just the same and it still rings in my head. Candice's treatment of that song was sassy and jazzy and modern, all at once. Other established artist should be encouraged to allow her to resurrect their songs.

Kree almost screwed the pooch. That first number of hers was totally forgotten before my DVR could skip through the ensuing commercial break. Can you tell I'm not a Black Crowes fan? She made up for it on the second number and saved herself. I'm a bit surprised Celine didn't make a kudos appearance. All in all, and considering her competition, I don't really think she deserved to be in the bottom two.

Angie is still a question mark for me. I like her Miley-looks and she can belt one out with the best of them. I guess my problem is with Nicki’s constant reminders that she needs a piano in front of her to gain acceptance. To me, that’s a crutch she doesn’t need … but it also tells me that when she heeds Nicki, she’s showing me her lack of confidence.

Amber was at her chameleon best the other night. First the forgettable Mariah number that tested her lower register – Grade: D, then a show-stopping rendition of a Babs classic. Wow! I love this girl, but I’ll be the first to admit she’s a bit on the inconsistent side.

I want to add my kudos to the episode’s producers and crews. It wouldn’t surprise me to see an Emmy nomination for this episode. It had a "finale" quality to it that I really enjoyed.

13. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Whatever happens this year this season pretty much proves the show is probably not fixed. I bet the producers hate having all female in the top 5.

14. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Correct.