1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Idol (Top 6) - 04/25/2012

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Alan Gordon, Apr 25, 2012.

Who were YOUR favorites tonight?!

1. Elise Testone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hollie Cavanagh

36.8%
  3. Jessica Sanchez

68.4%
  4. Joshua Ledet

52.6%
  5. Phillip Phillips, Jr.

47.4%
  6. Skylar Laine

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Who were YOUR favorites tonight?

~Alan

2. MrDad0330

MrDad0330 Godfather

Jun 16, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Holly knocked it out of the park on her last song... Performance of the night, and there were many great ones..

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Each contestant had at least one performance I enjoyed last night, except Phillip. Wouldn't surprise me if he left us tonight.

4. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    I think the judges need to stop it with the standing O's that seem to happen with one contestant every week - not fair to all the other good singers on the show. Especially when it's not even for the singer they felt was the best of the night.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I definitely thought Phillip did the worst this week with Elise not far behind. The others all did well and I finally, finally, finally heard not one, but 2 songs from Joshua that I liked. If I liked it, I suspect he's at the top of the bunch on the night.

6. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    My thoughts:

ROUND #1

JESSICA: Yeah, it's true that Rock is not her forte, but I LOVED the slow parts, and I thought she did pretty good on the Rocking parts... just not her usual greatness. Either way, I enjoyed it!

SKYLAR: I'm not a Skylar fan, but I've been impressed with her lately. I was not feeling this AT ALL!!!

JOSHUA: The performance seemed a little Las Vegas lounge act like, but I enjoyed it. I thought he did well...

ELISE: Not as good as "Whole Lotta Love," but I thought she did a GREAT job with it.

PHILLIP: I predicted he would sing this song, and he did a good job with it, but I wasn't really a fan... :(

HOLLIE: Contrary to what the judges thought, I thought she killed it!

ROUND #2

JESSICA: I thought it was VERY beautiful... not that I'd expect anything less from Jessica!

SKYLAR: I heard this song for the first time only a matter of weeks ago... I had no feelings for it either way, but I did not care for Skylar's version... I even walked into the kitchen while it was on. It was WAY too nasally for me.

JOSHUA: Unlike the first song, I have no criticism for Joshua on this one. It was great!

ELISE: Blasphemous I know, but I don't really know many Jimi Hendrix songs, and I didn't recognize this one. I thought she did a good job, but I didn't really care for the song.

PHILLIP: I'm not a DMB fan... I like "Crash Into Me" (the only song I can think of off the top of my head that I even know from DMB) alright, and I think DM does a hilarious Ozzy Osbourne impersonation, but that's about it. I didn't know this song, and while I think he probably did a good job of the source material, it felt incredibly boring to me. :(

HOLLIE: Anybody singing a Miley Cyrus song has a pretty low bar that they have to jump over. With that being said, I missed a certain amount of lack of perfection in the vocals that Miley brought. What I mean by that is, Hollie's voice is just so pretty, it kind of became a different song to me. Aside from that... I thought she did FANTASTIC!!

FAVORITES OF THE NIGHT: Hollie
    WORST OF THE NIGHT: Skylar & Phillip
    BOTTOM THREE PREDICTION: ??????, ???????, and ??????
    WHO'S GOING HOME?: ???????????

~Alan

7. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    DialIdol.com had some odd prediction stuff going on last night!

I checked the site after voting ended on the East Coast... and it showed these results (Green is safe... orange is too close to call):

• Joshua
    • Phillip
    • Hollie
    • Jessica
    • Elise
    • Skylar

I then checked later once voting was halfway over on the West Coast, and it showed (the same thing as now):

• Hollie
    • Phillip
    • Joshua
    • Jessica
    • Skylar
    • Elise

Weird stuff....

~Alan

8. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but VFTW endorsed Phillip.

9. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Yeah... I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago.

~Alan

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Good show by everyone.

11. waynebtx

waynebtx Hall Of Fame

Dec 24, 2006
    Kingsville,T...
    I think Phillip will go tonight .

12. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    I still expect him to go farther...

Off-topic (but the reason for my post), but I just noticed where you're from... I think some of my family lived in Kingsville for a while. :)

~Alan

13. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Hope not ... we don't need another "Pia Moment".

14. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    As much as I'm rooting for Phillip to at least get to the Top 3, I REALLY wouldn't compare the two! :eek2:

~Alan

15. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Finally!

16. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    I was sad... but I expected it!

While I was glad that he was out of the running for the finale, I don't think I ever stated for the record last week that I was sad when Colton went home.

Quite frankly... I don't want any of them to go, but tis the nature of the competition!

~Alan

17. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I respect that, Alan.

Hopefully, DMB ;) goes next. Poor Hollie keeps staying in the bottom.

18. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I really like Philip but when he sings sometimes he looks constipated and I fear that the giant vein on his forehead will burst.

19. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I noticed he wasn't in the Ford commercial. Also surprised he wasn't bottom three based on Wednesday night.

20. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Jimmy passed a comment that Philip has not been feeling well, and the contestants joked about him faking illness, but I guess he must have been ill enough not to attend the shoot. (I honestly didn't notice, as I always fast forward through the Ford commercial in the show!)