1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Legion - New service

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by synpse, Sep 27, 2013.

1. synpse

synpse Cool Member

Sep 15, 2012
    We have a local American legion being rebuilt after a fire last January... and the TV's they have are nice new Vizio Razor LED, 120mhz HDTV, etc.. yet the boxes they have are D12-700 (standard def!)

Is that... normal? Would they set it up like that without the HD service? the boxes are "MFG 2008" dated.

If that's what they got, I'm very *unhappy face* about this situation. SD directv on 120mhz 47" LED is going to kill my eyes.. forget about sunday ticket.. better off watching streams on my laptop in HD.

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Hard to say what they intended. That would not be the only install with SD only on HD TVs.

Do they have a commercial account? Seems like a call to D* for a badly needed upgrade would be a blessing.

I'm embarrassed to admit, I have a client with HD D* and everything is set for 480I/P, she refuses to pay me to put the Monoprice component 1080 to 480 converters to keep the 'mirror' working, and she can't be bothered to use the format button to engage HD on her big Sony flat screen when the mirror is not in use.

What I'm saying is, some things can't be fixed, but I hope things work out for the veterans.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Don't think the type of box makes a difference, but we pay a $10 fee for HD. I expect that would be more for a business account.

4. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I have a business account at work and the HD fee is the same $10. Unfortunately as they already have the SD boxes they will have to pay again for the HD boxes. I have never seen free offers for commercial accounts

5. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Did they have Directv before the fire? Maybe Directv would only replace the boxes with the same ones they had before, and the Legion didn't want to pay to upgrade them? Or maybe the insurance money had just about run out by the time they got around to getting Directv receivers so they went as cheap as possible :)

6. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There are different types of commercial accounts and the fees changes accordingly