1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaheim, New York Game 1 - GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by John Corn, Oct 2, 2002.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Jeter lives up to his label as Mr. October with a 1st inning homerun.

NICE Dp by the Angels.

:shrug: bringing in schoenweiss instead of percival.... that's not very bright scosia, what were you thinkin?

2. Mike

Mike Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    Well...Scioscia screwed up. Remember when Lee Smith and Bruce Sutter used to pitch more than one inning? I'm SCREAMING WHERE IS PERCY last night? What you should of done is brought in Percy after Weber's 1st walk. We needed to win last night. Pettitte is tough against the Angels. Appier has had a bad month, year, season, career, so we are in trouble tonight. We might be down 0-2 for Friday's game. I just bought ALCS tickets last night. I better get a chance to use them. Ugh! This stinks. We should be up 1-0. I'm frustrated, mad, upset. It took us 16 years to get here again and the manager (whom I like) messed up bigtime.

Jeter, he's good. Yanks have a lot of weapons, but they are beatable. I originally said Angels in 4 and I'll stay with that until I'm mathematically eliminated and then it's Angels in 5 and then I'm toast for 2002.

3. Charles Oliva

Charles Oliva Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I don't quite understand all the heat Scioscia is getting from everyone about not using Percival in the 8th last night. Remember, the Angels had, numbers wise, the best bullpen in the AL this season. Watching the KTLA Morning News and Sports Expert Mark Kriski go off on this was crazy IMO. Scioscia went with the horses that brought him, and unfortuneately the horses pulled up lame. Sh** Happens escpecially against the Yankees but it's just one game, ask Bob Brenly(Byung-Hyun Kim).

4. Unthinkable

Unthinkable Guest

Sep 13, 2002
    I caught some disbelief today by Glen Ordway, Steve Buckley, and company on WEEI's Big Show openly questioning why Oakland didn't properly arrange to have Zito pitch twice in their opening series and instead looked to squeeze him in at the end of the season to help boost his chances at winning the cy young. Priorities in all the wrong places?