1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And the Beat goes on More Missed Recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by redram38, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 5, 2007 #1 of 40
    redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Tonight:
    Pushing Dasies on the HR20-100 and Private Practice on the HR20-700. Private Practice did start on the HR20-100. I hate to keep posting this but untill This gets fixed i am gonna keep posting. Hoping it is being worked on. I have never seen anything like this since I started using DVR's a few years ago. I have had to resort to getting Comcast back as a backup to make sure the shows I set to record on my HR20 are actually recorded. Guess we will see if Las Vegas records tonight, did not last week. And why would it start on one DVR and not the other. If it were just one of the DVR's doing this it would be one thing, but it is both on diff shows and one will record on one while it won't on the other. This is strange to me. I would like to say that the R15 has not missed a single recording all year, so that DVR has become very stable for me. Here's hoping the HR20 will follow suit.

2. Oct 5, 2007 #2 of 40
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    How did you set them up to record? Series links? Both were repeats tonight.

3. Oct 5, 2007 #3 of 40
    Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Manual recordings people....

Manual recordings until it gets fixed....

I know it's annoying as all get out, but you're preaching to the choir here....

4. Oct 5, 2007 #4 of 40
    redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    No I set them as a one time recording tonight. But Private Practice recorded on the 100 but not the 700. That is what is weird to me. As far as manual recordings. That is something I don't think I should have to do. I may however test this on the problem shows next week.

5. Oct 5, 2007 #5 of 40
    jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Why should we have to manually record something on a piece of equipment that is dsigned to be set and forget. WHY? Reading other posts people want to blame bad guide data but if one of these HR20s recorded tight and the other one didnt something aint right in Mudville and D* needs to figure it out QUICK.

6. Oct 5, 2007 #6 of 40
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    What does your HISTORY say for the recordings.

7. Oct 5, 2007 #7 of 40
    redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    UPDATE..

Las Vegas week 2. In the to do list up until it was to record. Gone when it was set to start.

8. Oct 5, 2007 #8 of 40
    redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn

This episode was partially recorded beacuse of an unexpected error (3)

On both tonight

Las Vegas did not even show up in the history. I set it to record when I saw it did not start so maybe that is why

9. Oct 6, 2007 #9 of 40
    Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Doesn't always work. I selected two half-hours shows for recording on SmithsonianHD about two hours before their scheduled time. One recorded perfectly, the second recorded exactly 1 minute. :confused:

10. tlrowley

tlrowley AllStar

Jun 20, 2007
    I lost another recording last night - unexpected error 3.

I want to like this box, but it's making it awfully difficult. As long as the HR20 keeps missing programs, I'll keep the HR10 online - which, of course, is another $5 in D*'s pocket, so where's the incentive to fix the HR20? Hmmmm, time for my tinfoil hat!!! (BTW, I'm kidding...I think)

Tracey

11. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Everyone who has this problem, please call and/or email DirecTV.

12. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    And that is going to help.... how?

They know about the reported issues... they are working on the issue...

In the CE forum, we have a dedicated thread for people to post the detailed history notes, from recordings that fail.... because as noted all over the place, the issues are not consistant....

So unless you have the silver bullet reason for it....

The best way to help... is to post the details about your failed recordings, so that more data can hopefully point to a pattern, so this can be resolved.

13. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    If you're having this problem, manual recordings won't work either. I'm wondering about the flood of these new posts. I was joking before that it looks like the posts from October 8, 2006 when I got my HR20! It was doing all of these things and more. I was furious. I had D* re-connect my TiVo as a backup. Not to rub salt in wounds, but I haven't had any of these problems lately. Any ideas why the run on missed recordings for some subs and not others?

14. uscboy

uscboy Godfather

Sep 5, 2006
    Missed my first recording as an HR20 owner too on Sunday.

History shows it, says Partial. Not in my List though.

No bad weather, no power loss, no conflicts at the time slot... I was actually home
    using the TV/Xbox 360 when it should have been recording.

Luckily I recorded it on the Tivo upstairs too.

15. uscboy

uscboy Godfather

Sep 5, 2006
    Oh yeah, and it's recorded that show perfectly about a dozen times in the past... go figure.

16. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeah, it does seem that problems I thought had been put to bed are popping back up quite a bit recently. My experience mirrors yours -- lots of these problems a long time ago, but I've been recording a lot the past few weeks and have had no missed or unplayable recordings. In fact, my last one was in March (on version 13D).

It is a bit worrisome.

17. uscboy

uscboy Godfather

Sep 5, 2006
    It's interesting that there are a LOT more threads lately about missing
    recordings. I know none of the CE software went national, but perhaps D*
    messed up something with the guide data and this is the effect?

Because it sure seems like something's up.

18. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    I had no problems until the New Fall season started. Not one missed recording since I got this thing in July. I recorded quite a bit also even though it was the summer. Since the Fall Season started I have now missed about 12 or so, I lost count.

19. uscboy

uscboy Godfather

Sep 5, 2006
    It also coincides with the new HD rollout. Something's up... in my Guide when I
    tune to another channel lately with the Guide or by entering in the channel
    number myself, it shows the right banner bar, but then it's on channel 201 which
    is a black screen instead. Happened tonight with channel 47 (local channel) and
    channel 220 (HD BTN channel). Instead somehow it's tuning to channel 201.

20. uscboy

uscboy Godfather

Sep 5, 2006
    Restart the recorder and everything is happy...

for now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.