1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Android - GenieGO and DirecTV 3.0 not working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by MikeW, Oct 17, 2013.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    My son has an iPad on the same wireless network and both of these apps work fine. On my ASUS Nexus 7, the DirecTV app will not find my receivers on the network so it assumes I am away from home. For GenieGO, if I try to stream anything from any receiver, I get the following message:
    Your HD DVR is currently busy and cannot support streaming. Please try again later. (POSIX/65534)

Any help?

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    None of my Android devices currently work with GenieGo. I don't know what happened but they just get stuck in the opening page with the spinning circle. :( PC app works perfectly.

3. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Have you tried uninstalling the app and re-installing it?

4. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    It's a new tablet with a new install. 3.0 was the only app available. I can try, but would seem odd that it would help.

5. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Its always worth a try but you are right, it probably won't work.

6. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Re-install didn't help. Tried calling in and they say it is my router??? If that is the case, I wouldn't see the Genie (which I can download from, just can't stream). I'm guessing there is a bigger problem (based on the reviews in the Play Store). Hopefully it gets addressed soon.