1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Android scheduler sets to Keep retention

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by edbarrows, Jan 30, 2014.

1. edbarrows

edbarrows New Member

Jun 11, 2011
    I have two DVRs on my account and whenever I use the Scheduler on my Android tablet (Asus Transformer Prime) or my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) to record a show to both DVRs at the same time, the programs always record with a retention of Keep Until I Delete It. If I record on only one of the DVRs at a time then it will record with the retention of Until Disk is Full. I have the Keep option set to Until Disk is Full and the setting says it is but when I record on both DVRs at once, then when the program is recorded on the DVR, both of the copies will have the retention set to Until I Delete It. I called tech support and after about 30 minutes the agent said there was a bug in the program but she would enter the paperwork to get it fixed. It's been about a year now and nothing has changed. I can, of course, open each recorded program on the DVR and reset the Keep option manually but that should not be necessary.
    Does anyone know of a work-around or how to get this issue to be addressed?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I have not seen this issue myself, but Why not delete the show once you finished watching it?