1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Android-Select Default App

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by kevinturcotte, Feb 26, 2014.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    On my phone, I have some files that open with a specific app, but when I click on the file, Android doesn't see an installed app to open the file. I have to go into the app itself and open the file that way, which is a pain. Is there anyway to just force Android to open the file using the app (Make that app the default app for the type of file)?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Except that's not working. The app selection box doesn't pop up like normal. Android doesn't realize I have an app installed for that particular file type.

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    That did it! Thanks!

1 person likes this.