1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android vs Iphone - Walt Mosspuppet

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Marlin Guy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    I swear I know several people who could be this guy! :lol:

[YOUTUBEHD]4pEDDysCqyw[/YOUTUBEHD]

2. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I must say I'm a bit taken aback by the attention the Apple threads get here in comparison to the Android ones that fall to the next page rather quickly. I assumed this place was a little more on the geek side of things where the Open Android tinkerers would prevail...

3. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Apple threads on iPhone get attention everywhere. Whatever you want to say about their hardware/software, they are excellent marketers. No one can ever get enough of the iPhone. And, there are plenty of ways to 'tinker' on the iPhone. From being a developer for standard apps all the way to jailbreaking the iphone. The "geek" factor is around with both devices but there is still more money to be made on the iPhone side for developers.

4. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    It's a BIG tide to change all at once.
    Compared to 3 months ago, we're up to our elbows in Android threads here.
    Welcome aboard, and please post whatever you've got that you think may interest the rest of Droids. ;)

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Well....

Chris Blount (user #1) iPhone user.
    Doug Brott (DIRECTV Super Moderator): iPhone user.
    Greg Alsobrook (DIRECTV Moderator): iPhone user.

As for myself... my first two iPhones are on the truck.

I'd love to see some more 'droid love. The gentleman who runs droidforums.net (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/miami1683.html) is also one of our "CE All Stars." (http://www.dbstalk.com/member.php?u=43795) So we have no problem with having more Android content... we rely on our users to create it, as much of the staff are iPhoners.

6. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    lol, I'm not bagging on the site or anything. Just genuinely surprised by the difference (in responses and views etc). I know Apple makes a great product, especially for youe man on the street. I just have perceived this place to be geek leaning compared to your avg joe. I'm not on a side here, still awaiting another month for my Verizon contract to expire (w/ a blackberry curve) and I can jump on the EVO or maybe stick with VZ and get the Droid X. It's a great time to be in the market.

7. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I agree, it is curious that with all the CE'rs here that there aren't more going to the cutting edge of the smart phone world. I love the ability to root my Nexus1 and install many different roms on it. With the EVO being the first phone to have video calling, HD recording and HDMI output, and considering all the complaints about att service from the iphoners, that more of them didn't jump ship for the more cutting edge phone. With a small custom rom my N1 now records HD video in 720p, didn't need to get a new phone.
    Anyway welcome and looking forward to your posts.

8. Big Dawg 23

Big Dawg 23 AllStar

Oct 14, 2008
    I like my Droid. I have an iTouch which is great and gets WIFI tethered to my Droid. Things I like about the iTouch is simple use for my wife and daughter. Things I think suck about the iPhone AT&T, limitation to mod the phone and lack of openness. For me its not right to tell a developer you have to submit the app for approval. I would think more companies would like iPhones is they could have software developed for there employees.

Its all hard to swallow when a company tells you what they deem inappropriate for content and pictures. With that in mind all R movies should be pulled from there iTunes store.

9. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Wow!
    Censorship condemned and promoted in the same breath. :(

10. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    :lol:

11. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Been a tough decision for me. Ultimately it came down to my options with carriers/contracts/pricing/etc. and for someone locked into (yet happy) with AT&T the iPhone 4 was the best move at this point. Does look like they will be getting some better Android phones soon, though who knows if they will lock them down like their others. (yes there are ways around it, but still)

12. kfcrosby

kfcrosby Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    The Android lockdown was one of the main reasons I left AT&T. Got myself and the wife a DRIOD Incredible and couldn't be more pleased. From what I have read, AT&T is not changing it's stance on restricted ANDROID on it's network in the foreseeable future.

13. feliciaevans

feliciaevans New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    According to me, This is Funny video and I don’t think anyone could argue it as inaccurate. I do wonder what Apples definition of “best” is.

14. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Just enough to make things sell :lol:

and man do they sell.