1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angels/Jays game?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Maleman, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Apr 9, 2011 #1 of 23
    Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Anyone know why the Angels game is shown in the guide BUT Sharks hockey game is been shown :(

2. Apr 9, 2011 #2 of 23
    oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    At least you get the Sharks, all I get is channel not purchased.

Plus, my Reds v Dbacks on my RSN 673 is not showing either. All this after robbing me of three Giants games last week too. Ugh!!!

3. Apr 9, 2011 #3 of 23
    Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    I think they switched it though. I am sure the Angels game was on. Some not so funny stuff :(

4. Apr 9, 2011 #4 of 23
    Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Yeah, still no Angels game here...just getting a blank DirecTV screen. This is ridiculous, I am paying for these games!!!

5. Apr 9, 2011 #5 of 23
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Technically, it's still the free trial. Although, you can call and demand the $0.08 you're owed.

6. Apr 9, 2011 #6 of 23
    tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Actually, you are not. You don't start paying until Monday.

But the guide has been unusually messed up this spring.

7. Apr 9, 2011 #7 of 23
    Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    it's not a trial if you already paid lol something weird has happened. maybe someone was and is asleep at the switch?

8. Apr 9, 2011 #8 of 23
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Maybe it's because there's a lot of sports going on lately? NHL & NBA regular seasons are ending, The Masters, & NASCAR.

9. Apr 9, 2011 #9 of 23
    Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Seriously, how are they unable to pipe in an OTA feed for the Angels and Dodgers? It's idiotic.

10. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    No, not understanding that everything is not always available to you is idiotic.

Do you really think the DirecTV people are morons? Guess what, buddy, they are real live actual ROCKET SCIENTISTS.

Or do you think they really want to withhold games from you? DirecTV has the absolutely by far best EI package out there. It does NOT include every game nor every feed.

If you cannot comprehend that simple fact....

11. BigRedFan

BigRedFan Legend

Mar 28, 2010
    I can understand the initial poster's frustration because I, too, tonight tried to watch the Blue Jays/Angels on 739-1 and I got the "Channel not purchased (721)" message... Even though I'm a paying subscriber to MLB-EI for the last 3 years.... I could not understand why, as a paying MLB-EI subscriber, I was being told that this game --listed in the DirecTV EPG Guide in the 700 Channels' neighborhood, as part of MLB-EI, that I had "not purchased it"...

And of course, I then had to waste time calling Customer Service who had no clue as to why I was getting the 721 message... The CSR then sent multiple re-sets to my receivers with no success... I just gave up and switched to the Giants game which, luckily was being "approved" to this paying subscriber....

Bottom-line: When one sees a game listed in the DTV EPG as a part of one of the sports packages, and one is a paying subscriber to those packages, and one is not living within a "blacked out" area, then yes, one does not expect DTV to say that the listed game had not been "purchased"....

If DTV is indeed manned by rocket scientists, then perhaps they should be given this assignment first thing on Monday morning...

12. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Your big mistake was dealing with an CSR. Come here.

I agree that the guide has been a mess but that is no reason to claim DirecTV is cheating or stealing or are idiots....

A lot of what happened has been a confluence of events and they did not react well to them. But changes were made at the source (RSN) level. There was the unusual case of a rainout in San Diego. The unusual case of an actual single ticket doubleheader in Baltimore. All while RSNs are covering the end of the NHL season and the end of the NBA season. All on Masters weekend (yes, that plays a part as DirecTV folks are working on that big undertaking as well).

This is the worst I have ever seen the guide data but it is only a handful of regular season games that could not be put on anyway.

And I can understand his upset and confusion but not his ranting even when he has been told multiple times that not all feeds are always available. I will happily try to explain it to him while agreeing that the guide was messed up.

13. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Sharks game is ON three channels. :confused:

14. BigRedFan

BigRedFan Legend

Mar 28, 2010
    Yeah, Tony, lesson learned !.... I should've logged on here immediately and it would've saved me lots of aggravation... The poor CSR was losing her wits every time she asked me if she had cleared the 721 message screen and each time I'd tell her "no".... You'd think the DTV Supervisor Techs would have sent "alert e-mails" to all their CSR's to avoid all the wasted time with subscribers...

I just never thought for a minute that DTV's computers were sending out this 721 message to all EI subscribers; I thought it was just me... Now, next time, I know better.... Thanks !

15. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    I don't get that message. I get the Sharks game lol

16. BigRedFan

BigRedFan Legend

Mar 28, 2010
    Were you looking for the game on Ch. 739-1 (MLB-EI) or through one of the RSN's (in the 600's) ?.... On Ch. 739-1 it says "channel not purchased (721)"; there is no Sharks game on 739-1 (at least on my receiver)...

17. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    All I got was a DirecTV screen lol.

18. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    739-1 has the Sharks game /feed on my receiver. And secondly/thirdly on the home/away feeds via CI channels. :rolleyes:

19. Mariah2014

Mariah2014 Breaking the mold

Apr 21, 2006
    Somewhere...
    Game has always been scheduled for KCOP. They were supposed to use the RSN Ontario feed, but for whatever reason didn't. As a result, they don't have the game tonight. MLB.TV only or KCOP in the LA area.

20. BigRedFan

BigRedFan Legend

Mar 28, 2010
    Geez, what a mess !... I would've preferred to have gotten the Sharks game, though, instead of "channel not purchased"... It would have been less frustrating since at least the channel would have been open (with video) for a paying subscriber...

Hopefully, someone at DTV or MLB-EI is monitoring these boards and passing the word upwards...