1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Anger Management Renewed....

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by RunnerFL, Aug 30, 2012.

1. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
  2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    I've watched the first 4 episodes and it is pretty funny, the problem is I have to watch it by myself. My wife won't watch anything with Charlie Sheen and it obviously not appropriate to watch with the kids.

Even his house has a odd similarity to his previous show.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I like the show -- happy to see it will be renewed, but 90 episodes? Wow. Charlie falls out of a bed of roses into a barrel of sh*t and still comes out smelling like roses. I like his ex-wife's character show on the show. She reminds my of my ex.

Speaking of exes, is not the Sheen the biggest dumbass of dumbasses on the planet -- losing the very hot and stuinningly beautiful Denise Richards. I would worship her. I'm available. :p

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    We took the plunge to see how this show would fly...and somewhat to our amazement...it's pretty entertaining. It's nice to know that it's not another one of those shows that is sink or swim based on one season of episodes.

5. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Maybe I'm the only one who didn't like it. Timing seemed off, and I didn't care for any of the patients. I'll check it out whenever it comes back on to see if it's improved.

6. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    The more I watch it the more I like it.... I think it is getting better. Good cast around Charlie.

7. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Incorrect.

In the first episode, there wasn't a single "joke" that wasn't obvious.

8. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well duh, it is first of all a sitcom which are generally renowned for their obvious and mindless entertainment. Secondly it's Charlie Sheen, just how subtle and nuanced were you really expecting?

9. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I was expecting at least one or two that I wasn't expecting.

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I've been laughing my butt off each week. Especially with the episode where his father played his father, hilarious.

I too love the ex-wife character.

For those of you who only watched the pilot, big loss. The pilot is clearly the worst episode, if you had to pick a worst episode.

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Yeah, 90 kinda blew me away too. At the size of their season that's like 9 years. :lol:

I can only imagine that when Charlie and his brother pitched the idea to FX they figured it would be a flop so they said "Yeah, if it does X we'll give you 90" and then laughed. I guess Charlie proved them wrong.

12. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    As part of the deal, FX set a ratings target for eight of the first 10 episodes of ‘‘Anger Management.’’ The show reached the threshold, earning an automatic 90-episode order, the channel said.
    The round figure of 100 episodes is the benchmark for series syndication, and that’s the future for episodes that have shown first on FX, said producer Debmar-Mercury, a Lionsgate subsidiary.
    ‘‘Anger Management’’ will go into syndication in September 2014, the company said Wednesday. It’s a model that Debmar-Mercury used with the Ice Cube sitcom ‘‘Are We There Yet?’’ and on ‘‘Tyler Perry’s House of Payne’’ and ‘‘Meet the Browns.’’

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/2012/08...-management/FgmQVtS3yopAHWkbPOyseM/story.html