1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anniversary Gift - Anyone get 4 Free Sunday's of NFL ST?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chevyguy559, Nov 14, 2011.

1. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    I got a nice surprise in the mail today, since November is my anniversary month, I got a letter stating I get 4 free sunday's of NFL ST! I get to pick which ones too! I just use the "Order Now" link when you tune to a game and my account will be credited :) I wish it would allow me to order online so I can have it on all my recievers but hey, I'll take it! Should be some pretty good games coming up that won't be on locally, so I'm looking forward to it!

2. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Now THAT's a loyalty gift I'd actually LIKE, instead of the stuff I always get. I can see my Steelers via local broadcast, even here in SC, most of the time but there are always a few weeks when Sunday ticket would be the only way. I suppose, since my anniversary date in in August, I'll never get that one.

3. chevyguy559

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Yeah, I live in an area where I see my Niners play every week, no matter what, not to mention I have gotten RZC added to my account the past 2 seasons so NFL ST isn't a good value for me....however towards the end of the season there's always good matchups that have playoff implications that aren't on my local channels so this is going to come in handy! Last year I got Game Lounge for free and I didn't even find out until after it had expired.....but this year, THANKS DIRECTV!! :D

4. debell

debell Godfather

Nov 6, 2011
    Is this an entire slate of games on Sunday or just an individual game? You would think DirecTV could do a little better for their loyal customers.

5. Garry

Garry Legend

Jul 4, 2006
    "4 free Sundays" sure doesn't sound like one individual game. That's a great gift, how can you think otherwise? Oh wait....

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Well, DirecTV does have "ulterior motives" in offering it as a gift.

7. debell

debell Godfather

Nov 6, 2011
    They're doing this in hopes that you'll purchase their overpriced Sunday Ticket package. You do understand this right?

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If someone decides they like it and buys it, what exactly is wrong with that? And is it overpriced? Cheaper than going to see even a local team each week.

9. dubber deux

dubber deux Icon

Mar 7, 2009
    If you're an NFL fanatic and don't want to pay outrageous prices to view it that might be a good gift, but only four weeks? I wonder if anyone else gets more depending on how long they have been with D*?

Of course they don't have to give you anything, but giving small freebies like this makes good business sense because it might get them another NFL subscriber, or keep the sub from leaving all together.

I always felt that I was subsidizing the sports fan subs at D*.

10. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    As does every business that offers a gift, discount, or free offer to its customers.

11. Garry

Garry Legend

Jul 4, 2006
    Of course they are. Is something wrong with that? No one is forced to buy the package, whether because they got that gift or not.

12. Garry

Garry Legend

Jul 4, 2006
    Getting four weeks free is hardly small. It's generous, basically 1/4 of the package.

13. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And there wouldn't even be an auto renewal. This has to ve the highest value anniversary gift I've ever heard of. Certainly beats GameLounge.

14. debell

debell Godfather

Nov 6, 2011
    While this should be true, it's usually not.

The first year I had DirecTV I got the Sunday Ticket for free. I canceled promptly after the season ended. The next year, I was conveniently charged for Sunday Ticket even though I canceled. I called and was told that since I hadn't canceled before the first payment that I wouldn't be refunded that amount.

It was only after playing CSR roulette that I was able to finally get that charge refunded. It starts off as a gift, but who knows what it'll end up as.

15. Garry

Garry Legend

Jul 4, 2006
    Of course it is. but not what others want to hear.

16. chevyguy559

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    From what I understand its the whole thing.....if you were to tune to a channel and select "Order" with the remote, you'd be given all the games....I could be wrong, but I'll be sure to report back after I use my first week :D

17. dubber deux

dubber deux Icon

Mar 7, 2009
    chevyguy559:

I hope you enjoy all the games.

I have to say that with my experience I would be a little shy of "clicking" any "order" button though. I'm sure there will be no problem for you, my luck just stinks.

18. chevyguy559

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Yeah, I'm kind of skeptical as well, but I can deal with a headache over $44.95 for the first week.....if there's a problem I bet I can probably just get them to throw in the rest of the season for my trouble :lol:

19. wahooq

wahooq DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    chevyguy ignore d and double d...it is a legit aniversary gist and the credits will automatically apply and as with most anniversary gifts there is no need to cancel basically what you got is 4 NFLST pay per days free....there is no sunscription with this service...congrats and enjoy

20. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    For my Anniversary Gift (11 Years) DirecTV gave me NFL Sunday Ticket 2011 Season.