1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Annoyance - Changing music channels

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by dmspen, Dec 9, 2013.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I've found a new annoyance with the Hopper.

Found this when trying to move to different Holiday Channels. When selecting the EPG, the default is always My Recordings.

This means I have to select another Favorites with SiriusXM chanels and navigate to them, expand and navigate to the music channel I want.

Why doesn't the Hopper default to the last Guide Favorites I was using? Or am I missing something here?

2. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    Mine defaults to My HD channels. I think I set that up at some point, IIRC.

3. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    You choose the default EPG list in the favorites list menus.

4. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Even if you can set the default, it is still annoying to have to change the default! Why can't the default be the previous EPG? That makes a whole lot more sense.

5. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    Agreed it is annoying. When you hit guide while on a music channel since it is not an HD channel it moves you to another location and then after you change to all channels you have to hit 099 and then expand and start looking for the channel you want. Way too much work, way more than it should be.

6. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    My solution was to create a favorites list of just music channels. Saves a step or two but does use up a favorites list.

Anyone know if you can access the music channels directly via channel tepy in? E.g. I can select channel 2 by hitting '2' on the remote and ENTER.

BTW, I couldn't find a default EPG select in settings.

7. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Go to the favorites channels menu and the list with the green marker next to it is your default. You can change that. This will fix your 'issue'.

8. dmspen

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Ah...got it.