1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Annoying Genie wanting to record a show?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by KoRn, Jan 10, 2013.

1. KoRn

KoRn Legend

Oct 21, 2008
    I have the Genie feature off and have no use for it. Here is the annoying thing. When going to certain channels I watch often. Like cnn for example in my quick favorites. A bar at the bottom appears giving me the option to record. I hate that stupid thing. How do you get that to stop popping up every so often?

2. KoRn

KoRn Legend

Oct 21, 2008
    I take it this is normal and nothing can be done?

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    You got it

4. BAHitman

BAHitman Godfather

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin Texas
    I have Genie off an mine does not do that...

Are you certain it is off, and I would reboot the HR34 after you turn it off...

5. wrj

wrj Legend

Nov 23, 2006
    My Genie doesn't do that either

6. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Killed that option first day i fired it up......

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I believe that if you set up about 5 series links the problem will go away.