1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another article on the Big Ten Network

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Earl Bonovich, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Big Ten joins the Land of the Fee
    See the rest of the article: DailySouthtown
    (Daily Southtown is a major newspaper that focuses on the souther suburbs of Chicago)

2. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    My reply email:

3. HoosierBoy

HoosierBoy Legend

May 25, 2007
    Amen Earl!

4. mjsterz

mjsterz Cool Member

Oct 6, 2006
    I'm also an Illini fan (and alum) and I'm really looking forward to the BTN on DTV.

I'm so excited about the possiblity of every game being in HD. Those ESPN+ games that they would sometimes show on Channel 26 just looked terrible on my plasma.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions and I don't frequent this forum much so I apologize in advance if these have already been asked and answered.

Does anybody know if they've selected a channel yet?

What about channels for the overflow games?

I know the launch date is 08/30, but any idea about when the new channels will start showing up in the guide?

Thanks in advance......

5. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I did just get a very nice reply from Tim... and awaiting his permission to post it.

As for mjsterz's questions.

The base channel is expected to be 220, we should see it in our guides in a couple weeks.... as for the EXTENDED overlap channels... no information yet, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was not up in the 700's

6. mjsterz

mjsterz Cool Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Thanks for the update, Earl!

7. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I got the okay to post his reply:

Tim is a columnist for the Daily SouthTown... one of the major newspapers her in Chicagoland's Southern Area

8. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    Interesting news, thanks!