1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another CS Story (a little long)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by KevinCA, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinCA

KevinCA Cool Member

Feb 10, 2006
    One of my 508's starts to have disk problems, so I called Dish to find out what could be done. I get connected to Tech Support. He understood the issues, and gave me options. I chose to upgrade to a vip622 with Dish1000 and Platinum from my previous 2 x 508 + AT180 + HBO/Showtime (I have an HD TV, but currently use Comcast for HD). This was great. Install is scheduled for 3/29. :)

A few days later, I determine that I might want to keep my second Dish500 pointed to 148 to get the few channels not on 110/119/129. This might mean I will need a DPP44? I need to continue getting the Pentagon Channel or I will be in trouble (wife is a military brat).

I call Dish and get connected to a CSR. The first CSR didn't seem to know what a 622 was. He reviewed my install and asked if I wanted to cancel it. I said NO. I could not get him to understand my question about using a second dish to access four satellites. I hung up. :(

I called back, and got another CSR. She knew what a 622 was, but said she could not make any changes without canceling my open work order. I said I didn't want to cancel, I just wanted to know if I could keep my second dish and have it hooked up so I could access four satellites. She said this is not necessary; I can get all channels with one dish. This is not always true, I said. She said it is. I asked if she had changed anything. She said no. I hung up. :(

Now my second 508 starts to act up. I call Dish. They offer to send a replacement 508. This is good, and I get it in 3 days. I call to authorize it. However, they cannot authorize it because I have an open work order for the 622 install. I ask why they sent a replacement if they can not authorize it? I ask to speak to a supervisor or someone who can help. I am put on hold, then they hang up on me. :(

I currently have a bad 508, a replacement 508 that I cannot use/authorize and will be billed for because I cannot return it within 10 days, and am waiting for my 622 and what will happen with my second dish. :(

It seems the CSRs are not well trained, do not have good English skills, and can only do a few scripted processes for customers that call. :(

I hope the installer knows what to do…

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Sounds like you have reached DISH's new India service center. Good Luck you can definitely keep a DISH 500 but you will probably have to buy the DPP44 switch for $200, they are in short supply and if it isn't on you work order they probably won't have one. Why not just do the simple thing and cancel the 622, then activate the replacement 508. Then reschedule the 622 with the correct install. You have been without HDTV upto now so a few more days won't kill you.

3. KevinCA

KevinCA Cool Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Thanks for the info on the DPP44.

Regarding cancelling the 622 order - I would rather wait 5 days to get the 622 installed. I can watch Comcast for most channels. There was a three week wait for a 622 when I ordered. I suspect that the wait now will be much longer.

I guess a key issue for me is Dish CSRs are a definite negative for the company at the moment (in my opinion). Also, a CSR should not need to cancel an outstanding order, and push out a previously scheduled install, just to authorize a replacement box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.