1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another error 22 question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by oscar madison, Jul 27, 2008.

1. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    I am racking my brain reading as much as I can on the directv forums but didn't receive much help so I thought I'd come to the experts.

My router DLink DI-624 with Fios has these settings.

LAN
    MAC Address
    00-15-E9-67-FD-DA
    IP Address
    Subnet Mask
    DHCP Server
    Enabled

WAN
    MAC Address
    00-15-E9-67-FD-DB
    Connection
    PPPoE Connected
    IP Address
    Subnet Mask
    Default Gateway
    DNS
    68.238.0.12 68.238.112.12

The IP of the router is 192.168.1.1

I bought the trendnet gaming bridge and had to change the ip setting on that b/c it conflicted with my other IP addresses...that is set to 192.168.1.103
    By using that ip was able to go in to the bridge and set it up with my wireless settings on my network. That works fine.

When I hook up my bridge to my R22 I am still able to access the internet with my pcs on the network for awhile but then after of a few minutes of trying to connect with the r22 my ip address changes on my wireless connection mysteriously to 169.254.58.22 and then I can't access the internet with any of my pcs until I unplug the Dlink and and bridge and make sure I don't have the bridge connected to my R22.

Please help.

I thought I knew what i was doing by reading up, but I'm pretty much clueless and/or back to square one after trying all day yesterday.

Thank you very much in advance.

These are the settings I have plugged into the R22
    ip 192.168.1.109
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    dns 68.238.0.12

2. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
  3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes, if you are getting an Error(22) on you Internet Test, it is probably safe to ignore at the moment. If things seem to work, then there should be nothing to worry about. DIRECTV is aware of the issue and is working on it ..

4. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    I have the 255 NR. I have never been able to connect so I wondered if it was me. Sounds like in the other threads some can still do VOD. What is the difference between VOD and ON Demand? Should I be able to do VOD still now?

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    VOD and On Demand are the same thing. You will even see it referred as DoD
    (DIRECTV On Demand) too.

You have to be connected to the internet for DoD to work.

6. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    Shouldn't I at least be able to see the R22 mac address on my router settings status? It never appears.

7. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    After I connect the ethernet cable from the wireless bridge to the R22 and go into advanced setup and plug in my settings, my wireless connection ip address changes to the mysterious default ip address (169.254.58.22 ) that was in the R22 advanced setup before I changed them.

This then wreaks havoc on my whole network and I have to unplug everything. Where is the R22 getting this ip address from?

Please help. thanks

8. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    I am not sure about the wireless bridge you have but I know with the wireless game adapters you need to connect it to a PC and run the setup disk first. Once it is connected to your network you disconnect from the PC and connect it to the ethernet connection on the DVR and select connect in the network menu.

9. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    Yes, I was able to set it up via PC first. Everything works great until I connect it to the R22.

10. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    OK....well when you connect it to the R22 you should not have to change any settings like you posted above. All you should do is select connect and it will take you through a few steps and you should be connected.

11. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    Should I restore default settings b/c I changed them and screwed them up?

Where is the connect button. I have been going into menu and the network button. Is that where u are talking about?

12. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    I don't know if this is an issue, but when I try to go into the setting of the bridge after I remove the ethernet cable from the router I cannot access the settings anymore. Shouldn't I be able to access the settings wirelessly?

13. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    When you go under network in the menu I believe one of the options say connect. Once you select it, it will ask wired, wireless, or power line. There is a couple steps and than you should be connected.

I would restore default and start over.

14. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    Okay, I'll try it.

Do you think it's strange that I can't connect to my bridge when the is no longer hard wired to my router?

15. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Hang tight until tomorrow .. that's all I can suggest at the moment.

16. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    Okay, thanks. I am wasting some vacation time trying to get this baby going. Otherwise, the Access point goes back and I maintain my novice status. :)

17. oscar madison

oscar madison Legend

Aug 14, 2007
    Got DOD connected to internet late last night. The problem was that I was selecting access point for the bridge instead of AP client.

Once I figured that out, it lit up quick. Downloaded RV and Youngblood. Sweet.

I was under the false impression that the Showtime, movie channels, etc, would be free. Found out they weren't when I tried to add to queue. Guess it makes sense.

What I found ridiculous was that NBC on Demand was pay. Why?

18. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Are we expecting some sort of fix for this or information regarding a fix or workaround?

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

19. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    Today at about 12:30 EDST I got a pop-up that said "Congratulations you are connected to the Internet".

I went to the Network setup section and there was a "Test Connection" option that I used to get when DOD worked.

Alas, when I did the test it was back to Error 22.

It looks like something happened today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

BTW even though I can use DOD with the Error 22 problem the QOS is really bad. I can usually download about half of a 30 minute show and then start getting Connection failed messages.

20. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006