1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another HR24 upgrade question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JDookie, Aug 25, 2010.

1. JDookie

JDookie Cool Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I know these questions have probably been asked many times before, but I just want to make absolute sure that I understand this correctly.

I subscribed to Directv about 10 months ago, and leased three HR22-100 receivers at that time. I would now like to replace those three HR22's with the new HR24.

If I understand it correctly, I am going to have to pay $199 per receiver all over again, AND send my original HR22's back to Directv. Is this correct?

Also, by leasing new receivers, I will be renewing my 2-year contract, correct? So, is this just 2 years starting over again, or is this an additional 2 years added onto the existing contract??

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    All correct, and your 2 yrs will start when the first HR24 is activated, not added on to any existing contract.

3. JDookie

JDookie Cool Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Thank you very much for the clarification. The contract renewal won't be that big of a deal because my most recent HR22 was added about six months ago. I just hate to shell out yet another $200 a box.

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    You might be able to find them cheaper from online dealers, especially if you are getting 3 at once. Worth a try.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Probably best to just wait until your HR22's start to die then you will get free upgrades.

6. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Just a word or two of caution.
    If you buy three of them and one or more fail in the coming months, Directv will replace it with just about any HR. You might get an HR21,22, or 23 (20 maybe, 24 less likely) and then you will feel pretty ripped off.

Thats the risk with shelling out full price for these.