1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another new 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by tommiet, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Three in last 2 weeks.. All problems.

Current issue...

When I try to set my screen res to 1080, the picture on the screen is VERY small. Change it to 720 same problem.

Worked fine for the last 15 months with a 622.

Any suggestions before I call India?

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    It has been the identical issue with all 3 machines?
    I suggest you call AHDTS here in the US, rather than calling the regular CS group in India :)

3. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    I had some what the same problem, but I was using a Harmony remote to controll all components. My problem was that the system has (2) aspect settings (1) for TV and (1) for 622. I programmed the remote to use the TV aspect setting and it messed up the 622 aspect setting. Had to program Harmony to use TV aspect when I use OTA, and use 622 aspect for E*.

4. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    14 months on no big issues. Then came 4.01 and I had a list of issues. The killer was that I could no longer watch any DVR HD events. I could do an on demand record, but no scheduled HD. I also could no longer watch any HD DVR events that I made BEFORE 4.01.

Worked for 3 days and then started rebooting OFTEN. One day it would reboot so often it would not have time to complete the startup! If I did a check switch, I could watch TV for about 1-2 hours before a reboot. Switch was checked and no problem found.

Worked for 2 days and got the high heat warning (143.) It was in the same place my other 622 was for 14 months with no problems. Noticed that the top right of the unit was very hot. THE FAN WAS NOT RUNNING! When I would power it off and back on the fan would not go into overdrive as my other 622's did.

Just placed in service yesterday. The high def issues seems to be fixed now (did nothing,) but I noticed that my caller id is not working AND my OTA is only finding 4 channels. My TV finds 16.

My question is how do I call "AHDTS?"

5. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    PM :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.