1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JHL, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JHL

JHL Mentor

Jan 15, 2007
    How do I reset the playback of a recording to the beginning of the program?
    I have watched parts of a movie and want to start watching again at the beginning. I can do this with rewind, but that takes a long time from the middle of a file. Is there a shortcut to reset the program?

thanks,

John

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Hold the jumpback button for more than 3 seconds. that should jump to the beginning of the program (even in live mode.)

Cheers,
    Tom

3. JHL

JHL Mentor

Jan 15, 2007
    Thanks. That should have been obvious. Of course I stopped using the standard remote almost immediately and have been relying on my Harmony 880.

4. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    It will work with the Harmony 880 as well. Hold the jump back button for 3 seconds, then release and press the button again. Same with going forward.

5. jediphish

jediphish Godfather

Dec 3, 2005

I use an 890 (the RF version of the 880) and discovered that for any of the "hold for 3 second" cruise control functions I had to actually hold for 3 seconds, release, and presss again, just as you've described. Any idea why this is the case?

I love my Harmony as it does everything I want it to, but I wish the buttons were like those on the HR20 remote or the Tivo remote - rubberized and soft to press, instead of the hard, closely-spaced, click-style buttons on the Harmony.

6. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Don't really have the slightest. Got a guess though. I think the button sends the command twice on the original D* remote by holding it down and on the Harmony you are passing it twice in the acceptable time by pressing/hold, release, and pressing again to accomplish what the D* remote does.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.