1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one bits the dust...

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by tommiet, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    My first 622 worked well for 13 months. In comes 4.0.1 and it had multiple issues. Called E* and the so called technical support ask a few questions and they just send me another one. It last for 4 days and started rebooting as often as every 5 minutes. Call E* and get the same lame questions from technical support and they send out another. 2 days later and I get the message that the unit is running @ 143 degrees. Noticed that the fan is NOT running on the right hand side. Call E* and get the SAME lame questions and... You guessed it, "We'll send another one."

My HOT 622 is running now... with some "custom cooling."

I could tell that the so called technical support was just reading a script and the fix is to "send another one." No troubleshooting. Must be cheaper to just UPS me one than stay on the phone for 30 minutes.

Technical Support --- Must be another name for "shipping department" in India.

Ok........... I feel better now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.