1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Another Whole House Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by socal404, May 20, 2010.

1. socal404

socal404 Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    I checked my account online yesterday. It said that my setup was not ready for the upgrade. Here's what I have:

HR20-100 (Main unit in family room with 2 SAT-IN lines)
    H22-100 in bedroom (this DVR has only one SAT-IN line)
    H22-100 in office (this DVR has only one SAT-IN line)

The setup menu on the H22-100s say they are HD compatible. Can I assume that the SWiM and DECA equipment will get me 2 video inputs to the H22 units. So, I guess my question is what don't I have that I need? I've been reading other threads that say my equipment should work. Should I just call a CSR and see what they say?

This all seems somewhat confussing:confused:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    All of that equipment is compatible with the SWM/DECA upgrade for Whole Home DVR service. Give them a call.

3. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Call. The website is not the best.

4. socal404

socal404 Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    If I do this, will I be able to record 2 sources on the units that now only have one input?

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Not exactly. The H2x receivers will still only be LiveTV receivers, however, you will be able to playback shows that were recorded on the HR20. You can though schedule shows to be recorded on the HR20 from the H2x receivers. So, from the H2x receivers, you can either watch LiveTV or a recorded show from the HR20.

- Merg