1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antenna and Dish location question

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by floridaitguy, Jun 30, 2004.

1. floridaitguy

floridaitguy New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    I am curious as to where the OTA antenna is installed. Obviously the dish is outside, but can the OTA be in your attic and then diplexed together into your receiver?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    It depends on your location and whether you can get a sufficient signal in the attic. If the installer has experience in your area, he can advise you, although he may be reluctant to put the antenna in your attic out of understandable concern about future complaints on OTA reception.

3. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    I am curious as to where the OTA antenna is installed.

In the current equipment configuration there is a bracket which attaches to the back of the dish, the OTA sits on a mast above it. This works fine if the whole assembly is mounted high on the house. Yesterday I had a service call where the installer had mounted it to the southern wall of a house, excellent place for the dish, not for the antenna no locals. After moving the OTA to the chimney he had two each of all the networks along with some other stuff. I would not reccommend putting the OTA in your attic, they seem to work much better with a clear line of site. The customer is always right however so as long as you signed the additional comments I put on the work order we could put it anywhere. When I put additional comments on work orders it leaves you open to later expence. I charge based on square feet and what you got parked in your driveway, just like the government, ifn' ya know what I mean. :)