1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Antenna help

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by bytored, Nov 16, 2013.

1. bytored

bytored New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Based on the TV fool report shown below, what would be the best for me antenna for me for attic or rooftop antenna install. I have been looking at the HD Stacker from Denny's antenna.

Thanks for the help

my location for antenna would be

East Wenatchee Wa. 98802

Report info. I couldnt resize bigger.
    Radar-All.png

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    It is tedious rooting out which of the many translator stations all around you carry which networks are around you.

It appears that at 306-308 degrees and 23 miles you have ABC on RF5 @4.1; CBS on RF7 @2.1; FOX on RF9 @ 28.1; NBC on RF3 @ 6.1 and PBS on RF 13 @ 7.1.

Your other strong stations are 8, 10 and 12 - these are Fox on 8 others are independent or real estate broadcasts.

14 is also FOX.

16 is Independent as is 34.

If it were me I 'd probably put up a full UHF/VHF antenna pointing about 307 degrees to get the Leavenworth stations.

This should also get you 8, 10 and 12 and you can add a UHF antenna of you want some of the independents around you.

I would go for one of these:

Winegard HD8200U - $120
    AntennaCraft HD1850 - $150
    Channel Master 3671 - $190
    Price estimates do not include shipping.
    And they probably will not fit your attic.

The HD Stacker is a VHF high (7-13) UHF antenna, so it would not work for channels 3 and 5.

3. bytored

bytored New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Thanks for your input Jim. Much appreciated